P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

4 hours ago, Loki said:

I’ve plundered my beautiful queen and my magnificent stead already, this not playing on a Friday evening feels like a good idea.

Just had a look at your game, you did exactly the same with your queen when you played me.

"Nobody will be more disappointed than the lad himself, Clive, young G Pawn won't need telling that he's let down his skipper again by rushing out like that."

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Just had a look at your game, you did exactly the same with your queen when you played me.

"Nobody will be more disappointed than the lad himself, Clive, young G Pawn won't need telling that he's let down his skipper again by rushing out like that."

I am Stuart Kettlewell’d up to death.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

@eindhovendee beats DieHardDoonhamer by checkmate. Should not have happened, I made a mistake while under pressure and then could do nothing about the outcome. Frustrating. Well played.

Yep, think you beat yourself there, got into a position where you were trapped.

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

@NotThePars did you get my invite?

I thought I sent it yesterday but now I’m doubting myself 

No you did sorry I've just been shattered from my first week at the new job so I might be a bit delayed in starting my matches. Apologies, brothers!

P&B Premiership, DiegoDiegoPB defeats Cardinalrichie.

A by-the-book exchange Ruy Lopez saw both queens come off the board before the middlegame. White had an advantage in development and its bishop cut off the queen-side castling lane. With his king-side undeveloped, black countered an attack on his bishop with an equal threat to white's. Unfortunately, white was only too happy to oblige and after capturing the bishop forked black's king and rook, ending the exchange +5 in material. Shortly thereafter a disconsolate Cardinal, knowing his Lord and saviour had abandoned him, resigned.

I've now booked in for an hour's slot with International Business Machines Corporation to make use of their Deep Blue supercomputer, on which I'll analyse the games of gkneil in preparation for our upcoming bout.