P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

14 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

@NotThePars and I played out a gruelling 62 move draw in Division B

A fairly even affair throughout 

Someone may look at the board and see something different but neither of us could see a win with the material we had left so we agreed to a gentlemanly draw 

Had a quick look and the pools panel applauds your parting tribute to McInnes with a 0-0

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

@madwullie defeats Strachanovski by resignation.

Well played Wullie.

Thank you.

Cheers mate. It was a good game. No-one seemed to want to give up any material but once it kicked off it escalated quickly. That exchange around about the Queen trade really tipped the scales in my favour and I think I'd have had to execute some of my lads in the dressing room had I not gone on to win after that. 

Cheers man 🤝 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I've been getting my absolutely c**t kicked in by Bri1962 for about a week now in the cup, however the games still ongoing. 

Cancel this, with a final boot to the baws I've been left firmly beaten, nae excuses, never had the initiative. 

Fired the boys straight back at Sav and Johnny, seing as most of them got taken early doors they're nice and fresh #SquadRotation

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Cancel this, with a final boot to the baws I've been left firmly beaten, nae excuses, never had the initiative. 

Fired the boys straight back at Sav and Johnny, seing as most of them got taken early doors they're nice and fresh #SquadRotation

Just beat me to it there was in mid post. You got off to a slow start ( if i can remember} and i managed to edge and keep ahead but it was still tough going not helped by my knight being unable to move the whole game but GG.

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I won against@Cardinal Richelieu

Things seemed to be bubbling nicely and then Cardinal just went bulldozing with his rook into a pawn which was protected by a pawn and bishop which just left him completely exposed. Was a weird one.

Yeah, not sure what happened there. Still, as soon as resigned, Chess.com informed me that I had unlocked the "Dutch" achievement. Whatever it is, I don't think it's very complimentary. 

14 minutes ago, keptie said:

Just beat me to it there was in mid post. You got off to a slow start ( if i can remember} and i managed to edge and keep ahead but it was still tough going not helped by my knight being unable to move the whole game but GG.

I'd made a couple of moves before I realised it was a 960 post, wasn't the best way to kick off,made a couple of blunders so was never in danger of winning sadly. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Yeah, not sure what happened there. Still, as soon as resigned, Chess.com informed me that I had unlocked the "Dutch" achievement. Whatever it is, I don't think it's very complimentary. 

The App thinks you were playing stoned ;)