Saints v Celtic, Sunday 14/02/21 12pm

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Why is it tragic? We don’t see out games very well and it keeps the ball as far away from Duffy as possible.

I guarantee if you are winning that cup final by a single goal coming into the last 5 minutes you will be more than happy for them to hold it in the corner

Well yeah, time wasting in the last 5 minutes of a Cup Final is a bit different to time wasting in the last 5 minutes of a game that means absolutely nothing to you though.

Your season ended with you finishing 2nd about 3 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Delighted with that. Showed true character to come back from a goal down, doing it the Celtic way 

I'm off to make Cantonese chicken for tonight's dinner but I will be back later to multi quite all the heads gone and seethe. 

Have a great afternoon.

I’d recommend swapping the sugar for sweetener. Reduces the calories.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think Shaun Rooney might be a Celtic man. 

He is indeed but he’s also a brilliant pro who gives it 100% in every game for St Johnstone. Players are allowed to support whoever they like. Doesn’t define him as a professional.

Edited by glenburn bud

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think Middleton’s was defo a dive. Taylor dived once in the first half and twice in the second. He’s the worst exponent of diving in Scotland.

Taylor’s were all a result of contact, 3 Saints players simulated contact. 

I'd rather have a Celtic fan like Rooney playing for us against them, than someone like Tony Watt. 

One of them gave his all and scored, the other pulled out a header from 2 yards out as he didn't want to score against them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You should be more worried about that shambles of a performance tbh, miles away from Rangers.

A shambles? We came back to win a game which is something we havent done all season and then managed to see it out. That’s progress for us.

Edited by Jinky67

We did okay, disappointing to lose from a good position but lack of concentration for 5 mins along with Celtic having a player up top purchased for more than we’ve turned over in a decade makes it difficult to get anything. Arch-capitalist clubs doing arch-capitalist club things, I guess. Was genuinely shocked by what they’ve become under Lennon though - a pathetic mush with no plan relying on individual moments of quality from players no one else except the other bigots could afford. Surely you have to be looking to get rid soon?

For us, Middleton looked good off the bench. Would have preferred Melamed over May when we made that sub, too.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

A shambles? We came back to win a game which is something we havent done all season and then managed to see it out. That’s progress for us.

Is that really the first time Celtic have come from behind to win this season?

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Delighted with that. Showed true character to come back from a goal down, doing it the Celtic way 

I'm off to make Cantonese chicken for tonight's dinner but I will be back later to multi quite all the heads gone and seethe. 

Have a great afternoon.

Fair play to you, it’s not easy to multi quite.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It was almost entirely down to Edouard being bothered for 5 minutes that the game turned. 

Celtic have a monumental task to turn this around in the Summer, quite why they've decided to let Lennon seep more of his rot into the squad every week is beyond me.

That was like one of the performances Deila/Mowbray sides gave, where we're only undone by individual quality and nothing structural. 

Edouard doesn’t look like he’s that arsed most of the time, but he’s still comfortably the best player in the league.
Wonder why he’s still playing for shite like Celtic.
Difference today tbh. It's frustrating, last week against rangers we ran our luck a bit but today didn't concede any clear cut chances for an hour but find ourselves behind. Previously be looking at the keeper but not much can do today.

I'm not as critical about the defence as others, especially at the first. Second maybe can do slightly better at but still really well taken goals. Agree that Middleton looked good, looks like he suits the system a lot better than MoH does.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, time wasting in the last 5 minutes of a Cup Final is a bit different to time wasting in the last 5 minutes of a game that means absolutely nothing to you though.

Your season ended with you finishing 2nd about 3 months ago.

To say the game means nothing is laughable. You are all lauding the professionalism of Rooney giving it his all despite being a. Celtic fan, these Celtic players are paid a lot of money to deliver results by any means necessary irrespective of what’s at stake or where we are in the league.

We aren’t winning the league however it doesn’t mean we allow to the gap to anymore embarrassing that it already is