Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I agree that they don't appear to have worked that out-it's a lot of ifs and buts indeed. One off games Ch9/L1 4th play final against L2/L3 -draw for venues since no crowds so no home advantage?  Obviously I have no idea!

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree that they don't appear to have worked that out-it's a lot of ifs and buts indeed. One off games Ch9/L1 4th play final against L2/L3 -draw for venues since no crowds so no home advantage?  Obviously I have no idea!

Given the evidence of the last few weeks they'll probably try and make the final best of 35 like the snooker.

Imagine the scenario, it’s late April, all games completed except one meaningless game between Clyde and Dumbarton and they cannot fulfil the fixture until 25th April.
Falkirk are top on goal difference from Cove and Partick,
What do we do?
Play on to 22 games as it was only one meaningless fixture or award Falkirk promotion? Rules state Falkirk promoted. Partick (not for the first time) and Cove object (understandably).
Legal action brewing.....
Don’t you just love our farce of an SPFL and it’s ‘democratic’ solutions,,,,,,

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Imagine the scenario, it’s late April, all games completed except one meaningless game between Clyde and Dumbarton and they cannot fulfil the fixture until 25th April.
What do we do?
Play on to 22 games as it was only one meaningless fixture or award Falkirk promotion? Rules state Falkirk promoted. Partick (not for the first time) and Cove object (understandably).

Why would they attempt to take legal action against a rule they themselves have created? 

The solution is a farce but it’s a farce of their own making, ALL 20 clubs. There can be no objections this time, whatever happens. 

East Fife only have 9 matches left to play, and there are 11 matchdays (weekend & midweek) between the 20th March and 23rd April, so you shouldn't have to play four in a week unless there are a couple of postponements.

The only League 1 teams not on Scottish Cup duty on the 23rd are East Fife, Forfar and Cove. The game against Cove is scheduled for the 27th anyway, but playing Forfar on the 23rd might be an option if the clubs wanted to.

We're not playing 23rd March, and we have Scottish Cup on the 3rd April.
Plus there are only 10 matchdays between 20th March and 23rd April, 5 sets of Sat - Midweek. I'm assuming they want to start the split on Sat 24th April

12 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

We're not playing 23rd March, and we have Scottish Cup on the 3rd April.
Plus there are only 10 matchdays between 20th March and 23rd April, 5 sets of Sat - Midweek. I'm assuming they want to start the split on Sat 24th April

Sorry, I had for some reason thought you were out of the Scottish Cup rather than already being through. I was assuming you could play Friday night so that you could then start the split on Monday or Tuesday, but I suppose it's possible that you're right about the split starting on 24th April.

I agree the plan is ludicrous anyway.

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What do we do?

None of us have any clue what the rules are.

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Player says his wife's tested positive he'll have to self isolate along with anyone that he's been in contact with and I'm sure you can wangle that to be enough to cancel a game. I very much doubt the spfl would have the right to check up on any players files medical records.

Unless the player tests positive as well then people he's had close contact with wouldn't have to isolate. It's only people who've had close contact with the positive case.

Anyway, this is predictably going to descend into farce and end up with 18 games, but no club can complain about the SPFL when the fixture list becomes an absolute mess next month. Their own proposal, which the SPFL tried to advise against, is the reason it's having to be crammed in by 23 April rather than going for 18 from the outset.

I guess they'll have to wait until they see who makes it through in the cup as well to plan around those weekends, but could it be possible to avoid clubs getting a week of Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat-Tues-Sat by moving Saturday fixtures to the Fridays and Sundays and getting more days to play with? Doubt that'll be popular either but a schedule of Fri-Mon-Thu-Sun-Wed-Sat is at least avoiding anyone playing two games in three days while getting the same number of games in.

It could play havoc as clubs who don't need to cram so many in could have a Saturday game moved to a Friday, a Tuesday to Monday or Thursday etc then all of a sudden everyone is having to shunt around to maintain two day gaps between fixtures, but it's worth considering.

Edited by Dunning1874

12 hours ago, fifer67 said:

The lunatics have left the asylum  this could only be a plan in Scottish football. Think most fans have totally lost interest and couldn’t give a hoot about season 20/21. 

Have to agree with this

Scotland France called off last week (or 2?). They are elite international athletes.

Be very lucky if 20 part time clubs can go through all these games without disruption.

A lot of unnecessary risk, for what gain? Hoping to have bigger audiences  after the split to gain some income? 

Edited by big al

One of the things that occurs to me is how difficult it's going to be  for some clubs, and I definitely include my own, to see out a very compressed end to the season in terms of injuries and suspensions, especially when no-one has kicked a ball in anger since mid-December.  In this regard even an 18-game conclusion looks challenging whilst a 22-game scenario looks batshit crazy.  

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

One of the things that occurs to me is how difficult it's going to be  for some clubs, and I definitely include my own, to see out a very compressed end to the season in terms of injuries and suspensions, especially when no-one has kicked a ball in anger since mid-December.  In this regard even an 18-game conclusion looks challenging whilst a 22-game scenario looks batshit crazy.  

Few clubs been bringing on loans over the last few days. We signed 3 yesterday (although none in positions that we actually need), same with Partick Thistle and East Fife. Would imagine more clubs will follow before the re-start. 

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Player says his wife's tested positive he'll have to self isolate along with anyone that he's been in contact with and I'm sure you can wangle that to be enough to cancel a game. I very much doubt the spfl would have the right to check up on any players files medical records.

If any club fails to fulfil a fixture due to a covid outbreak (or any other reason actually), then the onus is on the club to prove that they did not have enough available players. Therefore they probably would have to provide medical records or something similar in such a case.

However, your scenario would fail at the first hurdle, given that if a player's wife tests positive then it would only be her contacts who had to isolate, not his. He would be getting tested and it would only be if he also tested positive that any of his contacts would be involved.