Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

41 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Your suggesting the 42 split into 3 divisions to ensure they only play each other twice.
1. 3x14 playing twice would only be 26 league games.That creates an obvious problem.
2. To get 3 viable, equal divisions you'd need 48 clubs to make 3 divisions of 16 playing 30 league games. I doubt league clubs will be up for inviting 6 new clubs, it also might raise the issue of colt teams being brought in.
3. Splitting the existing 42 into 3 unequal divisions will result in one or all of the divisions either having too many of too few league games. Is a premier 14 leaves 28 other clubs to be divided in 2, see 1. above.
4. A Premier 16 leaves 26 other clubs to be divided in 2. Would you have two 13 team divisions.
How can you make 3 divisions work and have teams only playing against each other twice?

Not a prefect solution I admit but surely you play everyone home and away in a 14 team league then split into two 7s which gives everyone 38 matches? Obvious issues around one team in each section getting a free or bye and consequences around teams knowing what results they need for promotion/relegation I know

That isn't playing each other twice.

33 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Haven't a clue big fella if I'm being honest.

Leave the top tier as it is, so the can lump it about against each other 4 times per season? 

Have two leagues of say 16/18 playing each other twice.

This is Scottish football we're talking about. Nothing should really surprise us. Remember the stooshy when the introduces the SPL split?

As @jaggyness has highlighted above, a split might be the answer.

I'm all for introducing a few more teams into the league but not Colts. Keep the pyramid system in place as this works.

Playing each other twice a season is more than enough. Hell, we could even play less games. No big deal when you consider the practicality of winter football in this country.

If you invite a new team you'd be looking at an additional £45k per new club to fund the present level of League cash allocations. (Maybe if it's colts they don't take any). Where will that come from, bearing in mind you'll also have a reduction in home games in both divisions ( @The Moonster).

Not a prefect solution I admit but surely you play everyone home and away in a 14 team league then split into two 7s which gives everyone 38 matches? Obvious issues around one team in each section getting a free or bye and consequences around teams knowing what results they need for promotion/relegation I know
You give the final bye week to the teams that finished 7th and 8th before the split, who are least likely to be involved in any promotion or relegation.

There are two things that the SPFL and SFA want to just go away.......L1 and L2 continuing to make (valid) noises about restarting under a testing regime, and anyone trying to make out that Sevco’s players did a bad thing breaching Covid rules. They want both things tied inside a bin liner and launched into the nearest canal.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There are two things that the SPFL and SFA want to just go away.......L1 and L2 continuing to make (valid) noises about restarting under a testing regime, and anyone trying to make out that Sevco’s players did a bad thing breaching Covid rules. They want both things tied inside a bin liner and launched into the nearest canal.

So long as government advice tells everyone to stay at home for all but essential purposes, your restart proposal puts zero pressure on either authority. 

Semi-professional and amateur football is not an essential purpose, nor is it even a job that requires travel outside a local authority area. 'But we'll pay fur tests!' is a complete red herring. 

So long as government advice tells everyone to stay at home for all but essential purposes, your restart proposal puts zero pressure on either authority. 
Semi-professional and amateur football is not an essential purpose, nor is it even a job that requires travel outside a local authority area. 'But we'll pay fur tests!' is a complete red herring. 

Don’t disagree.
So when are we binning the Championship?…

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

National League North and South announced null and void down the road. Wonder how long til the SPFL put this to a vote.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56119952

The leadership of the SPFL are shitebags, they will not take a decision on this for fear of being criticised, they will want the clubs to do it for them.

7 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

The leadership of the SPFL are shitebags, they will not take a decision on this for fear of being criticised, they will want the clubs to do it for them.

All ears for the mechanism by which the "leadership" of the SPFL make that decision 

Best not to talk about something when you don't have the first idea how it actually works.

I should be surprised that there are fans who still don't know how the SPFL works  but then again we have Falkirk fans who seem to believe that Mike Mulranrey somehow runs the SFA and isn't just one guy on the board, as if only his views and votes count and no one else's do.

On 17/02/2021 at 23:31, Duncan Freemason said:

There are two things that the SPFL and SFA want to just go away.......L1 and L2 continuing to make (valid) noises about restarting under a testing regime

I've missed this all to be honest. Are the L1 and L2 clubs saying they'll pay for the testing and if so, how frequently are they willing to test their players? 

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I believe it is to the same level as the championship. 

90% of the Championship are full time teams and won't have players working in factories, supermarkets and sites. Do L1 & L2 teams really believe they have a chance of getting this going? 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

90% of the Championship are full time teams and won't have players working in factories, supermarkets and sites. Do L1 & L2 teams really believe they have a chance of getting this going? 

“Working in factories, supermarkets and sites”. Ooft. 

90% ? At least 2 out of 10 are part time ? Does anybody know the breakdown of L1&L2 players other jobs ?