Arbroath V QOS.

Brilliant result, great substitution from AJ (not what he's famed for).  Had Jones stayed on I was thinking this could easily have gone to five or six (his pace and skill got two of their defenders booked) - but we lost a lot of threat and urgency when we lost Jones.  Looks a very bad injury and that has taken most of the gloss of this result for me.  Buzzing and gutted at the same time.

Dobbs so unlucky with his free kick.

Guess I jinxed it by banging on about wanting Jones, Dapo and Shields in the starting line up ......... apologies guys!

All is forgiven for the poor stream Arbroath if you're keeping the goals on a loop. I shall be listening to this man's breakdown at the 3rd and 4th goal until my tele breaks. Thank you.

Started off so well and looking very good but shambolic defending cost us there. All 4 goals conceded very poor but credit to the early change mebude was brilliant very impressed with him shields and jones.

Poor day all round with stream although didn’t affect myself until it did go all to f**k in the final moments also thought the commentary was poor which it normally isn’t.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

All is forgiven for the poor stream Arbroath if you're keeping the goals on a loop. I shall be listening to this man's breakdown at the 3rd and 4th goal until my tele breaks. Thank you.

"Whit the hell heppened there". Comedy gold!

An odd game in a lot of ways. Arbroath started superbly and were doing to us what we've been doing to teams during our good run, closing down and going forward with pace. They were well worth their two goal lead. However, even when they were on top, Arbroath never looked like scoring, apart from the free kick and penalty of course, and the Queens defence looked very comfortable all game.

Once Mebude came on we looked a lot better and took the chances well. We ended up deserved winners.

The Jones injury looked bad though :( 

I didnt have any issues with the stream, apart from losing the picture at the end. With the camera being so close to the pitch though it often struggled to keep up with play, which was a bit disappointing. 

That was a thoroughly entertaining game of football. Arbroath started the match well and really looked the part - their movement down the flanks and from Michael McKenna up top was really impressive - and they took their two goals well. Queens seemed shellshocked but once Ayo Obileye took control of the middle of the park, that allowed Dapo Mebude, Isaiah Jones and Connor Shields to bound forward on the attack. They really were excellent and Arbroath seemed befuddled and confused by their forward runs (although the home side really did themselves no favours with some of their defending). Obileye's goal just after the interval probably killed off the match and I don't think Arbroath were ever likely to get back into the game from that point on. McKenna dropped out of it, Ben Williamson couldn't influence it and Queens strolled to the finish.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Quick question for Queens fans. What does that Finlay lad do? Is he involved on match days?

He's co-commentator and match reporter for the home games and our match reporter for away games - covers the live updates and the match reports.

1 minute ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Started off so well and looking very good but shambolic defending cost us there. All 4 goals conceded very poor but credit to the early change mebude was brilliant very impressed with him shields and jones.

Poor day all round with stream although didn’t affect myself until it did go all to f**k in the final moments also thought the commentary was poor which it normally isn’t.

What was poor about the skill from Jones for the third goal?

Embarrassingly bad commentary yet again.  Talking inane crap throughout the game, ignoring the football, screaming down the microphone like idiots etc etc.    They should listen again to the lady at Ayr that was commenting last week, she was first class.

Commentary apart, Arbroath’s coverage is usually good but obviously a few gremlins this afternoon. Would be good if we could get an option to get drop the commentary and listen to the players/pitch side only.   AFC, please try and do something about the commentary.

Fair play to Queens - they deserved their win and the sub they made in the first half changed the shape of the game - Arbroath's dominance came to an end when they made that change.

A couple of Queen's goals were a result of very bad defending - but Queens fans won't be bothered about that.

Losing 4 goals at home tells it's own story as does throwing away a 2 goal lead.

We have still had a great run and can get back on track against Dundee next week.

Queens are easily the best team we’ve played this year. Quality and pace throughout the team. Despite that we should have done better after going 2 up. Some of our recent stars were off their game. Williamson looked to be struggling with an injury.
Hilson was great again and I was impressed by the new boy Pignatiello. That’s Peen ya tee el oh [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, mountzionbrae said:

Embarrassingly bad commentary yet again.  Talking inane crap throughout the game, ignoring the football, screaming down the microphone like idiots etc etc.    They should listen again to the lady at Ayr that was commenting last week, she was first class.

Commentary apart, Arbroath’s coverage is usually good but obviously a few gremlins this afternoon. Would be good if we could get an option to get drop the commentary and listen to the players/pitch side only.   AFC, please try and do something about the commentary.

I agree 100%

At some points it was as if they had forgot there was a game going on.

Spoiling what is otherwise a very good production (normally).

2 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

I thought the stream was really good, until the last 5 mins.

Highlights straight after the goals as well, hopefully something we can add.

Presumably you mean replays? We've done that all season, as well as highlights at half time and full time

ETA - in fact, I would say we provide more replays during the game than anyone else. The big thing we're missing is multiple cameras

Edited by Mr X

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Presumably you mean replays? We've done that all season, as well as highlights at half time and full time

ETA - in fact, I would say we provide more replays during the game than anyone else. The big thing we're missing is multiple cameras

One small suggestion for you guys (that I noticed Arbroath did today that we don't), can you let the clock continue beyond the 90 minutes? I find it really frustrating at the end not knowing how much added time has been played.