Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I don’t think Brechin could be anything else but interested.  I don’t like the idea any more than the majority on here, but we want to get back into the SPFL and if this is forced through and that is your only route to League Two then I’m not sure there would be much choice.

The lack of detail coming from the authorities here is a disgrace.  Can they do this? What is the mechanism for setting it up? Do the current tier 5 leagues need to agree on the pyramid playoff?  These questions and more need answered.

There is a very good reason Brechin City are currently in the Highland League and its almost certainly not because they make good sound decisions.

6 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Seems like a 100 years ago you and your pal LL were telling all the joys of joining the pyramid.

It's still a joy and a few B teams (however wrong it is) doesn't change that.

FC Edinburgh, Kelty, Bonnyrigg all in the SPFL,   Darvel beating Aberdeen,  Broxburn and Penicuik playing St.Mirren and Partick,  more clubs every year playing in the Scottish Cup,  Tranent close to the top of the LL,  new clubs joining the Eos and WoS. Grounds/facilities improving every season.

The farce of the B teams doesn't change that.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's still a joy and a few B teams (however wrong it is) doesn't change that.

FC Edinburgh, Kelty, Bonnyrigg all in the SPFL,   Darvel beating Aberdeen,  Broxburn and Penicuik playing St.Mirren and Partick,  more clubs every year playing in the Scottish Cup,  Tranent close to the top of the LL,  new clubs joining the Eos and WoS. Grounds/facilities improving every season.

The farce of the B teams doesn't change that.

Sure if everyone waited the extra year or two we absolutely would have gotten the three Tier 5 leagues. Option Z or whatever it was.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Good Guys: East Stirlingshire, Caledonian Braves, Tranent, Bo'ness United & Edinburgh Uni (unconfirmed)

Abstained: Dalbeattie Star

It would be Interesting to hear from;

Spartans, East Kilbride, University of Stirling, Berwick Gers, Broomhill, Gala FR, Gretna '08, Scumbie Colts, CSS, and Cowdenbeath.

I note that amongst the past winners of the Highland League are Aberdeen "A".

I wonder why the northern equivalent of the LL, The Highland League hasn't had Colts teams forced on it- you could have Ross County and Aberdeen for starters, maybe ICT (albeit they're skint) and conceivably Dundee and Dundee United. I mean surely the argument for having the Cheeks plus the Jambos Colts in the LL would equally apply to having Aberdeen Colts in the HL.

Or is it because the HL has been going since 1893 and they're not prepared to put up with shite like this.

Can’t understand how some of these 10 clubs have bought this Conference at Tier 5 lie by the SFA. It’s not in the SFAs power to bring in a new league at Tier 5 (if they could force Colts in they’d have done it years ago) as it requires the agreement of the Highland League, the Lowland League and the SPFL. The SPFL has blocked Colt teams every time it’s come up and the Highland League are also against their inclusion, so there was zero chance they’d agree to it and the SFA know this.

All the SFA could have done was start a new league that was outside the pyramid and hope the SPFL would accept it. Would any Lowland League or Highland League clubs seriously have been dumb enough to join a conference league outside the pyramid because it might possibly get accepted? All they’ve done is screw over the teams below them and ensure this B team saga continues for yet another year.  This is the Senior Non League clubs equivalent of the BS the SJFA peddled about the pyramid like £250,000 gold plated toilets that they laughed at the Junior fans for believing.  

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I note that amongst the past winners of the Highland League are Aberdeen "A".

I wonder why the northern equivalent of the LL, The Highland League hasn't had Colts teams forced on it- you could have Ross County and Aberdeen for starters, maybe ICT (albeit they're skint) and conceivably Dundee and Dundee United. I mean surely the argument for having the Cheeks plus the Jambos Colts in the LL would equally apply to having Aberdeen Colts in the HL.

Or is it because the HL has been going since 1893 and they're not prepared to put up with shite like this.

Basically, aye.

Now if Aberdeen, Ross County etc where to turn up at the HL's door waving 40K around each........

Would the relevant East of Scotland clubs consider a much publicised boycott of next seasons Scottish Cup to show their disapproval and concern at the way the SFA are handling this shambles?

No doubt there will be threats from Maxwell telling the clubs they'll be banned from future seasons etc., but by voicing their united anger, there might just be change?

33 minutes ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Would the relevant East of Scotland clubs consider a much publicised boycott of next seasons Scottish Cup to show their disapproval and concern at the way the SFA are handling this shambles?

No doubt there will be threats from Maxwell telling the clubs they'll be banned from future seasons etc., but by voicing their united anger, there might just be change?

think for EoS clubs even getting to the first round is a boost for their coffers so doubt they will go down a boycott route