Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Having a Foreign Secretary, amidst everything going in in the Middle East and Ukraine, who cannot be quizzed in the Commons absolutely stinks.

Tories have been driving a coach and several horses through parliamentary / democratic process since De Pfeffel Bozo acceded the manager's office.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Cameron, who fucking started all this shite, as Foreign Secretary, is an unbelievable piece of sick bantz from the Tories.

Quality banter though.  Sunak has just publicly announced that there is not one elected Tory MP that is up to/ wants/ can be trusted to be Foreign Secretary.

The opposition will have a field day, furious that the House of Commons can't hold the Foreign Secretary to account for policies and performance.

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Quality banter though.  Sunak has just publicly announced that there is not one elected Tory MP that is up to/ wants/ can be trusted to be Foreign Secretary.

The opposition will have a field day, furious that the House of Commons can't hold the Foreign Secretary to account for policies and performance.

This is the key issue.  The elected HoC will not be able to question a minister who holds one of the four highest posts in government.

I’d say Sunak will pay a price for this but he’s fucked already anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

And rightly so. It's outrageous.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

I'm not sure if Calamity Cameron will be too popular with Brexiteer skinheads. He was a Remainer who unleashed the Referendum because he didn't think Leave could win.

As such he was the worst PM ever, until Bungling Bonzo and Truss.

He called the Referendum and then did a piss poor job campaigning for Remain, enlisted the help of Jeremy Corbyn (who was always ambivalent on the matter) and decided that nobody from the EU should be involved in the campaign - you know the people who actually knew the benefits of the organisation and might have been able to explain things better (except they were foreign - I know).

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

If Cameron is back, then Starmer should give Blair a high profile role. A fantastic PM.

I was a big Blair fan, but ultimately even I had to concede that when we went full on 'Richard the First, war-crimey and god bothery' that his time was up.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Any idea who the last member of the Lords to hold one of the great offices of state was? 

I'm not counting Alec Douglas Home as he resigned from the Lords to take up the position of PM.

I think Lord Carrington was already in the Lords when he took the blame for the Falklands.