Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

The boats are visible unlike the deeper and more nuanced issues of immigration so they are counting on Rwandagate and Stop the Boats being votewinners (the Rwanda policy appealing to a base 'Send 'em all to bleedin Umbongoland' instinct among their potential support).

Except it doesn't seem to be playing out that way. Besides Bonkers Braverman and her crew, even Tories seem to recognise this as farcical.

It's really a play for the gullible as it was with Brexit.

The Real problem they are now coming up against with the general public is that no one trusts what they say and to be quite honest, they are trying to play to a sense of British identity that frankly isn't there for a large sway of the population. Braverman etc believe Britishness is union Jack's, fish and chips and boozers. Thst is not Britain in 2023.

You could argue that Britain is a victim of its own success. There is no uniqueness to the language that unites other nations. No massive identifiers in the culture vs other nations using same language, US, Ireland, Australia/NZ, all have sports for example that no other nations really play.

Because we exported so much of our culture, we have no longer anything that differentiates us and therefore, we can go to, that unites us. Same reason why folk want to come here, it is recognisable to many.

Inadvertently, this government are making the UK so undesirable that a) people will stop wanting to come here and b) folk already here will want to leave and do probably would achieve their aim of reducing net migration by pure incompetence. 

46 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Inadvertently, this government are making the UK so undesirable that a) people will stop wanting to come here and b) folk already here will want to leave and do probably would achieve their aim of reducing net migration by pure incompetence. 

Well, the £38K salary wheeze is certainly going to achieve that.  Imagine if say Premier Inn declared that you need to earn a certain salary in order to book a room there - yes, it's an utterly ridiculous idea and yet the Tories think that a crude, knee-jerk fagpacket stunt somehow contributes to a workable immigration policy.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Braverman etc believe Britishness is union Jack's, fish and chips and boozers. Thst is not Britain in 2023.

It never existed for most people. This sums up the world they resent not being born into and, frankly, it's always looked shite:

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I get the impression that many Tories at Westminster view 'Stop The Boats' as the 2023 version of 'Get Brexit Done' and presumably expect a similar GE reaction.

I hope and pray that they are utterly and devastatingly wrong, but where many of a UK electorate susceptible to the hyena media is concerned nothing can be certain.

3 word policies are the future.

"Ban XL Bullies"

"Bring back Wimpey"

"Remunerate Tory donors"

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well, the £38K salary wheeze is certainly going to achieve that.  Imagine if say Premier Inn declared that you need to earn a certain salary in order to book a room there - yes, it's an utterly ridiculous idea and yet the Tories think that a crude, knee-jerk fagpacket stunt somehow contributes to a workable immigration policy.

The £38k nonsense also ignores that for that to work, we'd have to fill otherwise the jobs those coming in on low pay currently do and all the evidence says that will not happen. So wages of those jobs need to rise, as does the cost of goods they service and do inflation jumps up too, unpicking one of the supposed successes they are claiming. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-67654360

tories want people like her out of the country. lived in the uk for 40+ years, married here, raised children here, ran a business here, paid taxes and now receives a pension. 74 years old.

this should not even be questioned by the authorities. never mind her missing deadlines, it should never be like this in the first place.

where is she going to go since all her whole family is here, rwanda?

yep! brexit strikes again.

Edited by Artie

6 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

The boats are visible unlike the deeper and more nuanced issues of immigration so they are counting on Rwandagate and Stop the Boats being votewinners (the Rwanda policy appealing to a base 'Send 'em all to bleedin Umbongoland' instinct among their potential support).

Except it doesn't seem to be playing out that way. Besides Bonkers Braverman and her crew, even Tories seem to recognise this as farcical.

Makes you wonder if they chose Rwanda because it sounds African unlike maybe Chad or Mali.

1 hour ago, Artie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-67654360

tories want people like her out of the country. lived in the uk for 40+ years, married here, raised children here, ran a business here, paid taxes and now receives a pension. 74 years old.

this should not even be questioned by the authorities. never mind her missing deadlines, it should never be like this in the first place.

where is she going to go since all her whole family is here, rwanda?

yep! brexit strikes again.

Must admit, I was kind of expecting a quote along the lines of, "I'm a supporter of the government's stance on immigration, but I wasn't expecting this!"

The £38k has closed the door for me and my family ever living in the UK.

It was never on my mind to ever come back, however I have been continuously asked by Thais why I don't take the family back 'home'.

it's hard to answer to them as they think you all live in mansions and money is not a problem.

i just say, that we are not welcome as it's difficult for visas.  it's now been confirmed!

Now I'm not saying visas here is easy.  I can stay here 3 different visas 4 when I turn 50 in June.

1. retirement visa - you need to show that you have £20,000 in a Thai bank
  2. Marriage visa - £10,000
  3. Family/kids visa - £10,000
  4. work visa - full time employment and meet all the requirement (hoops).

I'm on a family visa at the moment but next month will change to a working visa.  I'm changing back to a work visa, as this gives me free healthcare & also a pension.

Edited by SlipperyP

4 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67629470

The tories feart they are going to get a pasting or something. 

1) defeated MPs should get the same level of help as any other punter who loses his or her job.  No less, but certainly no more. Why them and not the folk who used to work at your average wee shop or pub?  https://www.gov.uk/browse/working/finding-job

2) the idea that there are MPs who don't know how to write CV is absolutely risible.

54 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

1) defeated MPs should get the same level of help as any other punter who loses his or her job.  No less, but certainly no more. Why them and not the folk who used to work at your average wee shop or pub?  https://www.gov.uk/browse/working/finding-job

2) the idea that there are MPs who don't know how to write CV is absolutely risible.

I thought that MPs were meant to be the creme de la creme, so why do they need help?

Think parties themselves ought to fund something like this if they want it?

Also would surely think MP's could make money doing all sorts once turfed out, surely - speaking on politics courses at universities, consultancy, all sorts.

Fucking Jim Murphy walked into a Director role at some charity ffs.

All of these wee things add up. MPs are like travelling salesmen at Premier Inn when it comes to hoovering up complimentary shampoo, toothpaste, and £10,000 training courses supplied by their mate's company that was incorporated the day before.

Westminster just really could not give a single f**k, could they. If it isn't nailed down, they're taking it, or getting someone to pull up the nails for them.