Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Just now, renton said:

Baw looking burst for snp majority 

As long as the greens hoover up a substantial list vote and there's a pro indy majority I will not be fussed. 

Just now, GiGi said:

As long as the greens hoover up a substantial list vote and there's a pro indy majority I will not be fussed. 

So like 2016, then? Rightly or wrongly the narrative has been set in that regard. I doubt the SNP will even push for another referendum without a majority.

Baw looking burst for snp majority 

Reckon? Only a very small sample size right now but it looks to me like the SNP vote has come out, so has the unionist one but they’re spread over several parties. Vote share for the SNP slightly down in Clydebank/Donside but the total votes were nonetheless up.

I’d have said slightly encouraging so far for the SNP.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

A formal coalition cements the pro-independence majority in a way that "SNP minority government" does not. it might not be necessary or possible after the votes are tallied but if the SNP are serious about holding a referendum this term then forming a majority government of independence parties should be essential.

All day erry day

So like 2016, then? Rightly or wrongly the narrative has been set in that regard. I doubt the SNP will even push for another referendum without a majority.

Do you not realise Elixir, that we have a voting system designed to stop an overall majority? For any party to be even approaching 65 seats in a system designed to stop it is a remarkable achievement.

Just now, Paco said:

Reckon? Only a very small sample size right now but it looks to me like the SNP vote has come out, so has the unionist one but they’re spread over several parties. Vote share for the SNP slightly down in Clydebank/Donside but the total votes were nonetheless up.

I’d have said slightly encouraging so far for the SNP.

Agreed. Turnout seems up by anything up to 10% and the SNP vote is rising with it... 

I've never been confident of an SNP majority but it looks achievable so far...

Guest bernardblack

Showing my naivety so please slag me off...

Seats are needed for the majority, but the constituency percentage is also required?

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Do you not realise Elixir, that we have a voting system designed to stop an overall majority? For any party to be even approaching 65 seats in a system designed to stop it is a remarkable achievement.

Yes I do. But if the demand is truly there for a referendum/independence, then realistically that demand should be 'breaking' the system and forcing it through.