Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He's definitely banned, you can see that his profile looks different to the other ones. In terms of your first point, that doesn't really seem to ring true for me as something he'd do.

Doesn’t look any different on my phone other than the word “banned” 🤷🏻‍♂️

As for my first point - he definitely did.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He's definitely banned, you can see that his profile looks different to the other ones. In terms of your first point, that doesn't really seem to ring true for me as something he'd do.

Interestingly, his profile has the word "Banned" where "Gold Members" or "Platinum Members" would be. But if you look at other banned users' profiles (say @meldrew or @SANTAN) then they just say "Gold Members" there.

This, and the fact I can still tag him like @Marshmallo suggests that he isn't actually banned. I reckon this is just a wind up.

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Interestingly, his profile has the word "Banned" where "Gold Members" or "Platinum Members" would be. But if you look at other banned users' profiles (say @meldrew or @SANTAN) then they just say "Gold Members" there.

This, and the fact I can still tag him like @Marshmallo suggests that he isn't actually banned. I reckon this is just a wind up.

Eagerly awaiting the denouement of this crafty caper when innocent posters recieve down votes FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

He’s also had that bit on his profile status “Global Moderators” for a while when he isn’t one of the mods. 

Failed wind-up IMO. What a jackass.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He’s also had that bit on his profile status “Global Moderators” for a while when he isn’t one of the mods. 

Failed wind-up IMO. What a jackass.

The Global Moderators bit is still there. That is the bit where you can change your custom member title. It says banned where you normally have Gold Member or Platinum member. He's definitely banned.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

The Global Moderators bit is still there. That is the bit where you can change your custom member title. It says banned where you normally have Gold Member or Platinum member. He's definitely banned.

I’ll take your word for it. I’ve never paid that much attention to the profile bit or what you can and can’t do on it.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Yes, you can edit this after a certain amount of posts.

Mine has said 'banned' for at least the last 5 years. I changed it and forgot to change it back.

Edit: Never mind, just saw @Rugster's explanation.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yes, you can edit this after a certain amount of posts.

Mine has said 'banned' for at least the last 5 years. I changed it and forgot to change it back.

I wonder if I can change mine to "Incredibly banned" :lol:

The 'BANNED' thing was removed years ago, during one of Div's site updates.

I had a thrilling exchange with one of the mods about it, during which they copied in the high heid yin to see about getting it re-implemented. It's memories like these that keep me coming back.

Marshy did indeed award red dots on the depression topic and apologised when pulled up on it. He was also red dotting a poster who took to the depression topic to air the effect it was having on him and once again Marshmallo arrived, apologised for his behaviour and stopped the dotting of that poster.

He's a wind up (a decent one at that, considering the evidence) but he's not a heartless arsehole.

Looking forward to his return.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Marshy did indeed award red dots on the depression topic and apologised when pulled up on it. He was also red dotting a poster who took to the depression topic to air the effect it was having on him and once again Marshmallo arrived, apologised for his behaviour and stopped the dotting of that poster.

He's a wind up (a decent one at that, considering the evidence) but he's not a heartless arsehole.

Looking forward to his return.

He apologised yes, but left it about a week if you’re lucky then recommenced. Sure he enticed the Virgin to get on board too.