Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The banner the Sellick fans displayed on Saturday was an image of a man wearing a gas mask. This is in reference to "The Battle of Bogside" in Derry in 1969, regarded by some to be the start of "The Troubles".

The RUC used CS gas on the rioters, the first time it been used by any British police force...hence the image.

Ffs.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As I mentioned on the thread.... "Just post around it."

There still hasn't been a word said about the Super Trooper song, or the content of the article.

If Falkirk had a fully club endorsed and accommodated section of fans, who have been pandered to for years singing that shite, id be all over them like a rash, before disowning them if it wasn't dealt with.

Nil By Mouth indeed....

It's almost as if the majority are okay with it and are part of the problem. 

It's almost as if the majority are okay with it and are part of the problem. 
Well you and me might think that, but thankfully I have been assured many times that it's a small minority, its every bit everyone else's problem too, and I'm just a diddy.

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The banner the Sellick fans displayed on Saturday was an image of a man wearing a gas mask. This is in reference to "The Battle of Bogside" in Derry in 1969, regarded by some to be the start of "The Troubles".

The RUC used CS gas on the rioters, the first time it been used by any British police force...hence the image.

It's not a man, it's a 13-year-old kid.

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Scottish football ladies and gents.

Scottish football ladies and gents.
"Going to the match this weekend mate?"

"Aye, you paid your money in for the banner with the kid wearing the gas mask? You know the one about the troubles in Ireland, some riot from decades before we were born?"

Fucking freaks

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Going to the match this weekend mate?"

"Aye, you paid your money in for the banner with the kid wearing the gas mask? You know the one about the troubles in Ireland, some riot from decades before we were born?"

Fucking freaks

Imagine lying on your death bed and realising you had poured your life's efforts in to the reunification of a foreign country, all because of the football team you chose to support. I genuinely pity them, they are so oblivious to how sad it comes across because they think they are actually part of the fight. 

Some of the displays they put on are actually pretty good, if you ignore the content. It must cost them a few bob and I imagine a fair amount of planning goes in to them. Those efforts could be focused on something meaningful, not thinly veiled support for a terrorist organisation.