Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

I actually had Jupe on ignore for reasons that I won’t go into but obviously still see his posts when others quote him as they frequently do.   It’s a nonsense that he’s been banned when the trolls who continually disrupt the discussion are allowed to continue posting.

I hope @Div and @Tynie Pecksniff rethink Jupe and Assim’s bans.

I would also suggest ONCE AGAIN that those who engage with the trolls put them on ignore.  If no one responds to them they will eventually f**k off.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would also suggest ONCE AGAIN that those who engage with the trolls put them on ignore.  If no one responds to them they will eventually f**k off.

Your suggestions have been been pretty ineffective, but it really ticks off one or two folk you've probably got on ignore whenever you mention it, so I'd recommend keeping it up for that reason alone.

Jupes angry persona has bitten him on the backside then, similar to Jimmy the honey badger. 

His Boswellesque knowledge of benefits did help a lot of people, like most folk he had good and not so good points.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

There are only a few of posters I genuinely avoid interacting with and the two who’ve been banned were definitely not among them.

I don’t want to second guess the moderators as it’s a hard job though.

They were warned about the personal abuse.  They decided to carry on with it and the moderators banned them as they said they would.

Nothing to second guess here.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The two trolling accounts, which were suspiciously reading like the same person, continually closed down debate with circular arguments and deflections which riled many posters, some resorted to good old mockery, some with splendid expletive filled put downs. If DAF and Fletcher get one genuine poster banned then their job is done. And with dayofthelords gone, his tremendous photos on the Hillwalking thread will also be a loss.

This highlights where the banning process gets it wrong IMHO. DotL is a very good poster on the Golf Thread and is exemplary on the Hillwalking Thread, along with Swello. The fact that he may have overstepped the mark on Politics (don't know the backstory, I rarely go on there) and then gets emptied harms the forum.

If he deserves it, then a temporary ban from Politics, surely, and let him continue on the other forums where he is a valued poster.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They were warned about the personal abuse.  They decided to carry on with it and the moderators banned them as they said they would.

Nothing to second guess here.

Yes,yes there is and it involves to what extent any root cause analysis was completed.

The extent to which obvious trolls are indulged has had the effect of rendering topics and to a great extent, that section of the board unreadable.

I'm not sure anyone without an angle should be happy with that and I don't see it being accepted in other parts of this website.

Questioning the mods always goes well.

History suggests that Jupe or Asim will be welcome to start a new account so long as they steer clear of the Politics board. The banned troll will continue as normal with a different account and/or IP address. If anyone fancies making this a hill to die on, they'll likely find themselves on a time out too.

27 minutes ago, sophia said:

Yes,yes there is and it involves to what extent any root cause analysis was completed.

The extent to which obvious trolls are indulged has had the effect of rendering topics and to a great extent, that section of the board unreadable.

I'm not sure anyone without an angle should be happy with that and I don't see it being accepted in other parts of this website.

Why?  It was clearly stated personal abuse would not be tolerated.  It wasn’t stated that personal abuse is OK as long as you disagree with, or think the poster you’re abusing is a troll.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It reminds me of the "Keep pushing" episode over beastliness.

A highlight of this forum IMO.

I only really dipped into the politics forum now and again since it's such a dumpster fire so never really witnessed this 'abuse' that people are claiming Jupe dished out. He was an excellent poster in other threads such as the Dee thread and the Hillwalking thread.

I think the bigger problem stems from the politics forum itself which is an echo chamber on one side and attracts just a bunch of trolls on the other.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It reminds me of the "Keep pushing" episode over beastliness.

Poor @MozzaMozza. GBNF.

Which The Rangers fan was caught out leering over pictures of underage girls?

57 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

This highlights where the banning process gets it wrong IMHO. DotL is a very good poster on the Golf Thread and is exemplary on the Hillwalking Thread, along with Swello. The fact that he may have overstepped the mark on Politics (don't know the backstory, I rarely go on there) and then gets emptied harms the forum.

If he deserves it, then a temporary ban from Politics, surely, and let him continue on the other forums where he is a valued poster.

TBF, I've copped a temp ban from a couple of forums, and just taken it as my cue that this isn't a place I need to be and pissed off anyway. 

I'm more annoyed by this than I should be tho. Anytime someone does something genuinely great on this place - as Keith did by contacting the emergency services however many weeks back -  you get a load of self-congratulatory clapping 'aren't we a great wee community'. Meanwhile two posters who have both been here over a decade get emptied for getting frustrated with an account that wore a neon sign saying BAD FAITH AND HORSESHIT that you could see from 20 miles away. FWIW I reported the DuriesAir account at least a dozen times, and on more than one occasion it was for actual racist dogwhistling rather than just for being clearly obviously at it. I'm not sure what was done - a few suspicious accounts appeared, which I figured were him preparing for that account to be emptied - but it never was. So I don't think we are such a great wee community and if I was Jupe or Asim I wouldn't bother my arse. 

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t agree with the posters in question on just about anything but it’s incredibly tedious to decry anyone who goes onto the politics forum with a pro-union, right-wing stance on things as a troll.

I'd agree with you about @Dawson Park Boy and @The_Kincardine, who both seem to genuinely believe what they're on about most of the time when they're not on the wind up, and are occasionally capable of discussion and acknowledging complexities when issues aren't just black and white, and also post on football threads etc. Durie and Felch weren't anything like that, never posted anywhere else, refused to debate anything, just full time trolling on the politics thread and trying to wind people up which sadly they succeeded at. Durie had numerous alias accounts solely for green dotting himself and red dotting others, probably including Felch who used to ask him questions like who his favourite GB News presenters were and the like