Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well yeah, how else do you suggest I get to the inside lane from the fast lane without passing in front of the middle lane driver? Look forward to hearing how you'd do it. 

You said you pulled right across them which to me means you cut them up to prove a point to them. 

If this is not the case and you waited until you were a safe distance in front of them to go back to the inside lane I apologise.

2 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

You said you pulled right across them which to me means you cut them up to prove a point to them. 

If this is not the case and you waited until you were a safe distance in front of them to go back to the inside lane I apologise.

Twas your 2nd answer. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The only one losing their head in there is yourself tbh. 

Ooft, just seen his other posts. Talk about self-reporting.

Edit: is this PerthshireBell again? He's the lad who gets wound up about traffic stuff, isn't he?

Edited by BFTD

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Edit: is this PerthshireBell again? He's the lad who gets wound up about traffic stuff, isn't he?

There are a couple of newly emerged dotters. I strongly suspect they are of an orangey persuasion, as I seem to have been targeted.

Not sure that PB was that way inclined.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Dunno, but he does seem to have appeared from nowhere with virtually no previous site interactions to take umbrage on that particular subject (bestowing some of those pesky red dots on myself amongst others). I've now just been graced with a few more on the same posts by someone called Ex Pat something or other, an account active since last Sept and with 0 (zero) posts. 

New posters appearing and getting upset by other folks driving is a bit weird, and call me a cynic, but I don't think for a minute he's the real Big Bobo, that guy was no nonsense and would never have stood for tailgating wankiness. 

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

There are a couple of newly emerged dotters. I strongly suspect they are of an orangey persuasion, as I seem to have been targeted.

Not sure that PB was that way inclined.

It always amazes me the effect red-dotting can have on people, myself included. Took me quite a while to recognise that red dots aren't that important and more popularity based or if a post gets a laugh than anything else in terms of quality of posting. 

Not worth taking red dot's personally, if you feel the need to mention being red-dotted then it has too big an impact in your life imo. I just turned notifications off a while back and it just takes the who karma farming thing away.

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It always amazes me the effect red-dotting can have on people, myself included. Took me quite a while to recognise that red dots aren't that important and more popularity based or if a post gets a laugh than anything else in terms of quality of posting. 

Not worth taking red dot's personally, if you feel the need to mention being red-dotted then it has too big an impact in your life imo. I just turned notifications off a while back and it just takes the who karma farming thing away.

I merely mentioned it as part of the conversation.

Not quite sure why you are so rattled by it. I certainly am not. Just find it odd behaviour

9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Reddy for a grocers’ apostrophe. Disgusting 

On 21/04/2024 at 17:39, velo army said:

Can we just give @SandyCromarty one of those loyalty cards where every time he is mentioned on here he gets a wee stamp? 

I can't think what his reward would be for getting 20 stamps. Maybe we just name this thread after him.

Anyway. Slavery and colonialism getting a good airing in the thread concerning, ehm, Nic Sturgeon's man and his camper van 

Only 20?

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I merely mentioned it as part of the conversation.

Not quite sure why you are so rattled by it. I certainly am not. Just find it odd behaviour

A red dot is basically a criticism. Most people don't take criticism well even if it's constructive and often take it as a personal attack even if wasn't intended in that way. So it used to annoy me, but now I have my notifications turned off I hardly ever notice it. Probably one of the best things I did since I joined the board for me and for other users. 

I can tell just from the fact that you brought it up, that one fact alone that you noticed it tells me that it bugged you.

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

A red dot is basically a criticism. Most people don't take criticism well even if it's constructive and often take it as a personal attack even if wasn't intended in that way. So it used to annoy me, but now I have my notifications turned off I hardly ever notice it. Probably one of the best things I did since I joined the board for me and for other users. 

I can tell just from the fact that you brought it up, that one fact alone that you noticed it tells me that it bugged you.

Except I didn't bring it up. It was part of a conversation.

36 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Bothers me not one jot, but I see you aren't averse to dishing them out yourself. Each to their own I suppose.

image.thumb.png.ff129ec598bef7854bb4fc0df402ac82.png

17 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Except I didn't bring it up. It was part of a conversation.

My post isn't meant as a personal attack Go back and read through again and you'll see that you brought the red dotting aspect into it. I've got no beef with you, I just find the red dot phenomenon interesting.

As I said before, if you bring it up it's bothered you. It's basically telling everyone that it gets to you - I was the same until I turned the notifications off and now I don't notice. That's all I wanted to say.

Most people will take this line on being dotted. if it had no impact they would even mention it. That's the truth, that's the giveaway.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Bothers me not one jot, but I see you aren't averse to dishing them out yourself. Each to their own I suppose.

Edited by 2426255

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

My post isn't meant as a personal attack Go back and read through again and you'll see that you brought the red dotting aspect into it. I've got no beef with you, I just find the red dot phenomenon interesting.

As I said before, if you bring it up it's bothered you. It's basically telling everyone that it gets to you - I was the same until I turned the notifications off and now I don't notice. That's all I wanted to say.

Look back, I replied to BFTD about a certain poster..

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Look back, I replied to BFTD about a certain poster..

Always a mistake.