Fun facts

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

I have the hiccups. This isn’t the fun fact.

Ive had them for an hour. This isn’t the fun fact.

I was on the Wikipedia page for hiccups for a cure. This isn’t the fun fact.

This is the fun fact: “In one person, persistent digital rectal massage coincided with terminating intractable hiccups.”

I’m close to asking Mrs Mathematics for a persistent digital rectal massage. 

Mrs Mathematics is currently reading this.....

edwardii.jpg.a9553b7ad9f0e42aa69ed5a533b76867.jpg

• 3 months later...

Punk name trivia! 

Malcolm McLaren called John Lydon Johnny Rotten because he had green teeth

Johnny Rotten called John Beverly Sid Vicious after his bitey hamster

Sid Vicious called John Wardle Jah Wobble because he was too mangled to speak properly. 

I'd like to think the chain continues, but i don't know it. 

Sorry if posted already, but the guy that composed and played arguably the most famous saxophone solo on the planet was session musician Raphael Ravenscroft. He played the sax on Gerry Raffertys Baker Street, and was paid £27.50 for the session. 

6 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Sorry if posted already, but the guy that composed and played arguably the most famous saxophone solo on the planet was session musician Raphael Ravenscroft. He played the sax on Gerry Raffertys Baker Street, and was paid £27.50 for the session. 

The other famous sax solo is for Hazel o Connor doing Will You.  However he lost his fingers in an accident and can't play the sax no more.

On 07/03/2024 at 21:59, mathematics said:

I have the hiccups. This isn’t the fun fact.

Ive had them for an hour. This isn’t the fun fact.

I was on the Wikipedia page for hiccups for a cure. This isn’t the fun fact.

This is the fun fact: “In one person, persistent digital rectal massage coincided with terminating intractable hiccups.”

I’m close to asking Mrs Mathematics for a persistent digital rectal massage. 

Go better than that. Tell her that such  regular massages will keep them away permanently. 

You read it on the internet. It also mentioned a nightly malt whisky just to be on the safe side. Might as well be sure.

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

bobholness.jpg.9e043e37bacfbdbee5cd1f621945241b.jpg

Spoiler

yes, I know it was an urban myth. But Bob did play James Bond before yon Seen Canary... on the radio

Careless whisper is in D minor but to record the saxophone solo the tape was slowed down so it could be recorded in D♭ minor and then sped up to normal which allowed Steve Gregory to hit a top note that would otherwise be impossible on Tenor Sax

These days they'd just use autotune to fix that one note

A (Younger) Jo Guest stars in the video for Blur's Country House.

A (Young) Scarlett Johansson plays the part of the sister in Home Alone 3.

22 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Careless whisper is in D minor but to record the saxophone solo the tape was slowed down so it could be recorded in D♭ minor and then sped up to normal which allowed Steve Gregory to hit a top note that would otherwise be impossible on Tenor Sax

These days they'd just use autotune to fix that one note

George Martin did similar for the piano solo in the Beatles' song "In my life."

He could not play it at the speed that you hear it so he played the piano at half the speed and then doubled the speed of the recording before attaching it to the song. 

Doubling the speed keeps it in the same key.

On 15/04/2023 at 15:52, Fullerene said:

Joey Ramone and Pol Pot were both born on the 19th of May and both died on the 15th of April.

My great grandfather, grandfather and dad all died on the 13th.  Different months but still get a bit nervous when I go to bed on the 12th.

Another wee family fact, my family have produced 11 boys and no girls over 4 generations.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

In The Life of Brian, no one had heard the Incontinentia Buttocks joke before they shot the scene so all of the laughter was genuine. The big outburst of laughter was the cameraman who just lost it.