Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

The worst types of posts on p&b are the last few pages. It's like Gok Wan fell out with trinny and susannah. 

Wear cords or leiderhosen or ex army camo trousers if you want. 

Read this really quickly and am now intrigued by the idea of camo lederhosen

• 8 months later...

Hi @Marshmallo,

Not sure if you've been keeping a detailed list since the commencement of this thread, but if so, please add "when @throbber is absolutely desperate for attention" as a type of the worst post on P&B. Most recent example I can provide being on the "It's getting hot in here" thread. Just really, really, really bad posts.

Happy to provide any further information that may be required for the process. Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Hi @Marshmallo,

Not sure if you've been keeping a detailed list since the commencement of this thread, but if so, please add "when @throbber is absolutely desperate for attention" as a type of the worst post on P&B. Most recent example I can provide being on the "It's getting hot in here" thread. Just really, really, really bad posts.

Happy to provide any further information that may be required for the process. Thanks in advance.

You post about being part of a fictitious, members only what’s app group chat that you have formed with fellow incels you have met on the internet big guy.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

There appears to be a developing sub-community of posters - exclusively male and over 50 - who object in frothing terms to any discussion of current issues that includes pesky things like facts, evidence or argumentation. Apparently using these techniques on the GN section of a Scottish football forum is a claim to world-leading expertise that requires slapping down your CV and publications to back it up at every opportunity. Which seems strange given that the volume of semi-serious discussion has in fact massively declined on here in the past 15 years. 

Perhaps the solution to this deeply held grievance is to set up a Da'snet sub-forum - a cosy safe space where you can just post puns, Kenneth Williams jpegs and scorching anecdotal/mainstream media regurgitated takes to your heart's content. 

The insistence that everyone else must follow these norms is getting rather tedious though. 

^^^ Male over 50 ^^^

5 hours ago, virginton said:

There appears to be a developing sub-community of posters - exclusively male and over 50 - who object in frothing terms to any discussion of current issues that includes pesky things like facts, evidence or argumentation. Apparently using these techniques on the GN section of a Scottish football forum is a claim to world-leading expertise that requires slapping down your CV and publications to back it up at every opportunity. Which seems strange given that the volume of semi-serious discussion has in fact massively declined on here in the past 15 years. 

Perhaps the solution to this deeply held grievance is to set up a Da'snet sub-forum - a cosy safe space where you can just post puns, Kenneth Williams jpegs and scorching anecdotal/mainstream media regurgitated takes to your heart's content. 

The insistence that everyone else must follow these norms is getting rather tedious though. 

I think you should invest in a mirror. 

The condescending tone towards posters that you obviously consider to be beneath your level of so-called expertise and your persistent trolling of lower level Scottish football, where fans of all clubs are engaging in good humoured debate do not offer anything to the discussions. 

Maybe you have nothing better to do with your time (fair enough), but most of us are in here to chill out and enjoy a bit of loosely fitba-related banter. 

16 hours ago, virginton said:

This echoes a lot of the discussion me and my mates have been having Offline.

I never thought I'd be one of those who ends up saying this but General Nonsense is far far worse than it used to be. Think it's a combo of "Group Chat General Nonsense" as I call them and the bores you've called out above.

17 hours ago, virginton said:

Have you any pamphlets you can send me?