The laundry thread

Can't believe the amount of folk running their washing machines at 40. 

How Dare You Greta GIF

That said my environmentalism may have taken a hit during peak summer heat, when I was washing my sheet and the unfitted sheet that I use as a duvet twice a week.

Because I’m a sad lonely old man who lives alone I have to do my own laundry.
Low temperature wash and energy saving ([emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji22]) dryer, right as rain.
For example as I sit here by the pool my weeks laundry is drying.

2 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Because I’m a sad lonely old man who lives alone I have to do my own laundry.
Low temperature wash and energy saving (emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji22.png) dryer, right as rain.
For example as I sit here by the pool my weeks laundry is drying.

Have you figured out why Americans don't hang their clothes out to dry in the summer yet?

On 24/08/2021 at 21:42, Left Back said:

Towels and underwear = tumble dryer.

Everything else = clothes hanger then onto drying rail.

You forgot socks and I haven't read the rest of the thread but isn't this what every normal person does? 

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

My dad's mum had one of those wind up rack things in her kitchenette in Dundee which my dad took and hung in his garage. He went a couple of months ago and now I have the chance to take it. Would be a bit of a weird heirloom.

From your description it's either a pulley or a mediaeval torture device.

The first is useful, the second merely kinky.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have you figured out why Americans don't hang their clothes out to dry in the summer yet?

He can also ask them WTF is the problem with having a washing machine in the kitchen?  They seem to think it's the worst idea on earth and are happy to have it in the bedroom or hall instead.  

On 25/08/2021 at 10:34, 'WellDel said:

Like most, it seems, on here I'm a thoroughly modern chap who doesn't mind doing his share of the menial tasks around the house. I'm not a huge fan of the laundry, but as a fully functioning adult I am more than capable of the task. (Majority of stuff on a 1hr cycle at 30-40°, with line drying when the weather allows).

Her brother in law, on the other hand is one of those useless p***ks who revels in the "fûck that, I don't even know how to switch it on, hahahaha"!!!! excuse. 

Actually mate, you're a 40 old man, with a fairly responsible job and a couple of kids, and operating a washing machine is a simple task. You're just a fat, lazy p***k and should be embarrassed/ashamed that you sit on your hole and leave your mrs to do it all, to the extent that she's struggling with it on top of her job and it's passed on again for the mother in law to do.

There's obviously other things we'd all rather be doing, but getting someone else to wash your undercrackers for you, simply because you can't be arsed yourself is a minter for a grown man. Or perhaps I'm just allowing my hatred for the fat gimp to spill into a simple discussion around washing clothes. Who knows?

I think we need to know which team he supports before we could pass judgement, tbqhwy.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

He can also ask them WTF is the problem with having a washing machine in the kitchen?  They seem to think it's the worst idea on earth and are happy to have it in the bedroom or hall instead.  

Every flat I went to in Norway had the washing machine in the bathroom.  Not the worst idea TBF.