Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

• 4 months later...

Just minded this one. 

I met the guy who photographed the iconic Beatles Abbey Road LP cover. Sadly it was in Roxburgh House hospice in Dundee. He was a lovely guy.

The reason Paul was in bare feet was that it was roasting hot that day.

So there you go.

Fair few politicians through work - Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvie on a couple of occasions. Harvie was a bit of a bawbag one time, but was quite nice the other. Sturgeon was quite nice both times.

Met a fair few athletes too, Rory McIlroy when he was an Amateur at Carnoustie - can't remember it too well. Oscar Pistorious (about a year before the murder) at the Dunhill Links. More recently: Heather Watson who was lovely at the Billie Jean King Cup in Glasgow. Mark Cavendish was a w**k unfortunately, as I'd always quite liked him. Sir Chris Hoy and Katie Archibald were really nice though.

Surprisingly few footballers - only Jackie McNamara when he was United boss briefly and Benji Seigrist - who was a class act.

Gary Sinise. His foundation partners with American Airlines yearly to operate flights for hundreds of children of deceased service people to gather in a place like Disney for few days away from the harsh realities of the world. Really genuine guy, quite soft spoken and very committed to supporting veterans and their families/survivors.

Worked at the BBC a couple of times in late 90's and again in early 2000's

Met quite a few, Sean Connery was a very nice guy, Robert Plant likewise.  In fact I don't think I can think of any who were actually arseholes.

Stupidest effort was one Friday night in Hubbard's. I was rather pished and started talking to some wee lassie at the Jukebox.  Didn't get anywhere and didn't think much of it till the following Monday when i was dug up for trying to chat up Gail Porter.
I'd no idea who she was, even then, as I wasn't watching weans TV on a weekend morning.

13 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Just minded this one. 

I met the guy who photographed the iconic Beatles Abbey Road LP cover. Sadly it was in Roxburgh House hospice in Dundee. He was a lovely guy.

The reason Paul was in bare feet was that it was roasting hot that day.

So there you go.

Yes but he was out of step because he had been decapitated in a car crash three years earlier.

So there you go.

11 hours ago, atfccfc said:

I've met and all seemed nice enough. singer/Songwriter KT Tunstall, comedian Rory Bremner and Rugby players Brian O'Driscoll and Sean Fitzpatrick.

I've never met Rory Bremner, but I have watched his wedding video.

Back in the day I was a judge, more than once, when Michael Gove was competing in the P&J schools' debating competition.

Also was the judge at the final one year with Alex Salmond. Felt like I had to count my fingers after shaking hands with him.........ewwww

On 18/07/2023 at 21:38, AnderooMFC said:

Have "met" at or after various gigs members of Happylife, A, Avril Lavigne, Trivium, Kill Hannah, Bullet For My Valentine, Theatres Des Vampires, Funeral For A Friend, Escape The Fate, Keane, The Blackout, ME, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dirty Youth, Maplerun, RSJ, American Head Charge, MT, Lacuna Coil, 5 members of Slipknot, The Defiled, Dorje, InMe, Fall Out Boy, Cradle Of Filth, Yashin, Crossfaith, Skindred, New Years Day, Like A Storm, The Qemists, Altered Sky, Beyond Recall, Genus Ordinis Dei, Forever Still, Sarah Walks, Space, Waterparks, Autumn Ruins, Witterquick, Any Given Day, Bury Tomorrow, In Death, Liv Sin, Neck Deep, Fear Me December, Ego Kill Talent, Fever 333, Crystal Lake, 36 Crazyfists, Travis, Roe, Shvpes, Combichrist, Soil, Machine Head, Defying Decay, Skold, Hot Milk, Phem, Nekrogoblikon, Beartooth, Sick'N'Beautiful, Wednesday 13, Jeanice Lee.

Highlights/TL:DR - Avril Lavigne is nice and very small. 
Corey Taylor from Slipknot likes Irn Bru.

Footballer wise, various MFC players at Player Of The Year dances and open days. I served slush to Stephen Craigan when he was with his family. And spoke to Stephen Robinson (whilst he was still M/Well manager) at Motherwell train station.

Also at a book signing, Michael Palin said "Ni" to me.

Since July I can now add; Friedberg, Lesbian Bed Death, Busted, Employed To Serve, Tom from McFly, Stand Atlantic, Against The Current, and Ross Noble.
Also Waterparks, Hot Milk and Matt from FFAF again.

10 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Since July I can now add; Friedberg, Lesbian Bed Death, Busted, Employed To Serve, Tom from McFly, Stand Atlantic, Against The Current, and Ross Noble.
Also Waterparks, Hot Milk and Matt from FFAF again.

Nobody from Crispy Ambulance yet?

I used to work at a hotel which tried to be fancy, we all had to wear black trousers, a white shirt and a black waistcoat.

At one of our Christmas nights Stephen Hendry turned up. As I handed him his complimentary champagne I told him we'd heard he was coming so dressed up like him in his honour. I don't think he got the joke.

Edited by DiegoDiego

Met Michael Sheen in South Africa around 10 years ago, he was sat at the table next to mines in a restaurant in Camps Bay, Cape Town. I said something like “You’re that guy out the movies?”, his reply was “I am”, and that was it. Lucky for me that was it, because I thought he was Simon Pegg or Martin Freeman.

Met a few footballers out in the wild, Larsson probably the most famous of them, and once served a pot of tea to that Doric wifie from River City.

Would occasionally see John Higgins and/or Alan McManus in the Lucky Break in Clydebank going back 20/25 years. They were pals with another pro who practiced in there whose name I have absolutely forgotten. Quite embarrassing watching them practice, while we played on a table a few metered away missing straight pots a few inches from the pocket.

Edited by Ross.

On 23/01/2024 at 07:55, highlandmac said:

Told Dave grohl to f**k off once,outside the QM in glasgow

Genuinely interested as to why.

Me personally, I met Richard Hammond while he was filming an advert for Morrisons at the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge which was pretty random.

My favourite celebrity encounter that I know of was my father in law meeting Shakin' Stevens. He was over the moon and asked for an autograph. Gave his name and was misheard as an e was added to the end of his name turning it to the typical female version of his name. My wife was with him so we think he thought it was for her. He was so gutted but too embarrassed to ask for another one.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Would occasionally see John Higgins and/or Alan McManus in the Lucky Break in Clydebank going back 20/25 years.

This reminds me that I've been in Stephen Hendry's house before, including his snooker training room.  Somewhat awkwardly though, I've never met Stephen Hendry.