The food/drink you loved as a kid but never eaten/drank as an adult.

Ric

4 minutes ago, specsaver said:

Skull Crushers by Alma Confectionary from Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes - main delivery driver was ex-referee John Rowbotham.

I do remember buying them round the corner from my grans, in the vicinity, so that checks out. He looked like them 

On 03/09/2021 at 15:55, Meldrew said:

On 03/09/2021 at 15:59, Ric said:

Campbells fucking meatballs!

Has anyone eaten them since the 1980s?

I doubt it.

I was going to post about the meatballs too. 

Used to love them back in the day around 1990-1992 but my god just the thought of all of that coming out of the can would make me sick now.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Those white chocolate skulls with red syrup in them.

On a similar note I remember you used to get a bar called a Dracula bar or something similar and it was one of the cheap 10p bars (at the same time Irn Bru bars and Highland Toffee chew bars were 10p) and it was chocolate but it had either a green or a purple gooey syrup inside, maybe about the size of a milkyway in length but not with the same girth.

17 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I’m the other way round on that; never had it as a kid, could have it now as an adult although I haven’t (unless the wife’s shoved a boob in my mouth while I’m asleep and hasn’t told me) 

Fair's fair. 

Sorry, on rereading I can see it's boob. 

When I was wee, my big treat was a Snap & Crackle bar at the swimming baths on a Saturday morning. I don't remember them being that colour, although the wrappers look about right - I seem to remember convincing myself that the different colours were different flavours, even though they weren't. Apparently you can still buy them, but I don't think I've seen one in the wild for more than thirty years.

One of the kids in my swimming group would order a coffee and melt his bar in it. Bizarre behaviour even for a seven year old, so I assume he ended up in therapy for some undiagnosed trauma.

swizzels_snap_and_crackle__62054.1687073

17 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Used to love these, even though the nearest to any chicken they would have been was passing a farm on the lorry their crate was on.

Then they either changed the recipe or vastly more likely I realised they were not that good.

The revelation that they were discontinued years ago was not suprising.

5000184201809.jpg

I fucking loved these.  Probably for the best they were discontinued though.

19 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Used to love these, even though the nearest to any chicken they would have been was passing a farm on the lorry their crate was on.

Then they either changed the recipe or vastly more likely I realised they were not that good.

The revelation that they were discontinued years ago was not suprising.

5000184201809.jpg

Its the same for most chicken (and presumably other animal) flavoured things. Yer pot noodle for example, is suitable for vegetarians