What do you ask for at the barber's?

I ask for a two on the back and sides and a decent amount taken off the top.

When they comb back my top hair, line up the scissors and say "is that okay for length on the top" I will always say yes.

I also prefer the cut to be performed in silence but will talk if prompted.

What do you ask for at the barbers?

Edited by Steve_Wilkos

I have an old work colleague come over to give me a trim every now and then. "Short and tidy" has generally been the mantra for fifteen years, although I did end up sporting the Nineties grunge look during lockdown.

Went to a Russian barber in Arizona a few years back and politely turned down all sorts of extras that were thrown at me ("ah, you don't want to look too sexy in front of your wife's parents, huh?"), although I wasn't allowed to turn down the massage with a vibrating appliance that the guy performed on me while still cutting my hair with the other hand  :blink:

12 minutes ago, GordonD said:

"My usual."

Norrie Jones at York Barbers (which is in Edinburgh; York Place is the street it's in). Very funny, friendly guy who like a good barman remembers all his regulars.

Yeah, my guy is the same.  Knows exactly what I want which is the same every time.

Except he’s not funny and he’s a Sevco fan.

No chat for us - I can't speak the lingo which works out great for me.  I just say No2 and point to the top of my heid and No1 and point to the side.  He does finish with a massage which is uncomfortable for me (not physically).  Only a dollar so can't complain, and even If I did he'd not understand anyway!  

Edited by hk blues

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

Silence.

This is boring but true and I like to educate the P&Bers:

According to Mary Beard that joke dates back to Achelus, 5th Century BC King of Macedon. It is featured in the 4th Century AD Roman book "Philogelos".

As Spike Milligan said "Would you like to wish that joke a happy birthday?!"

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

This is boring but true and I like to educate the P&Bers:

According to Mary Beard that joke dates back to Achelus, 5th Century BC King of Macedon. It is featured in the 4th Century AD Roman book "Philogelos".

As Spike Milligan said "Would you like to wish that joke a happy birthday?!"

No such thing as a new joke..

#263. Someone needled a jokester: “I had your wife, without paying a dime.” He replied: “It’s my duty as a husband to couple with such a monstrosity. What made you do it?”

• Steve_Wilkos changed the title to What do you ask for at the barber's?