VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Ric said:

* sigh *

The technology that is used for VAR is absolutely showing up just how poor some of our referees are at making (or not making) decisions.

Try doing it, believe me, it is not fucking easy. I lasted two seasons but I was still at a far higher level than the numpties who were screaming at every tiny perceived mistake I was supposed to have made while they couldn't pass a ball to their mate 10 yards away

For the avoidance of any doubt however, VAR is a crock of shite in it's current format. Mission creep at its worst. Rule on CLEAR & OBVIOUS ERRORS around Serious Foul Play, Violent Conduct et al but this, ooh that player fell over 2 minutes before a goal was scored, disallowed, is an utter shambles.

2 weeks in surely St Mirren have been the worst recipients of VAR. 
A perfectly good goal disallowed and a non penalty given against us.
These things balance out and all that.......
Tbf there has been a refereeing conspiracy against St Mirren for as long as I can remember, and I have nothing but respect for the posters on here and the booing weirdos for calling it out.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

Yesterday they did balance out in that Hibs (correctly as it turns out) had a goal ruled out by VAR, when the linesman had not flagged at the initial pass or the goal.

Pre VAR, we would have probably been given the goal, but perhaps not the pen.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

They'll never balance out for St Mirren. It's just karma for laying down in '86 and opening a shop for them at your ground. You upset the Masons.

14 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

They really need to up the slickness and would be opportune if they nailed the actual remit of VAR too, that would be quite nice. Clubs are contributing an unfair amount based on turnover, an extra burden in when for many outside the city clubs, where every penny is a prisoner.

They all voted in favour of it, in full knowledge of how much it cost, and in full knowledge of how it is used literally everywhere else in the world. The only club in the entire SPFL who could grumble about the financial burden of VAR, if they ever need it, is Greenock Morton, the 1 out of 42 who opposed it.

Edited by craigkillie

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

I've watched that penalty decision about 50 times and I'm still not sure if it hits his right or left arm. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They'll never balance out for St Mirren. It's just karma for laying down in '86 and opening a shop for them at your ground. You upset the Masons.

Not really seeing the downside there, given the hilarity that ensued Dele lad. Unless Chris Evans meme boy somehow yet again pointed out that even, practicing, Scottish Catholics like me, want to oppress Scottish Catholics who saw a picture of Eire once & don't mind children being murdered because "Something inside so Strong", as if that is remotely comparable to what black people had to endure under the Apartheid Regime.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

For the avoidance of any doubt however, VAR is a crock of shite in it's current format. Mission creep at its worst. Rule on CLEAR & OBVIOUS ERRORS around Serious Foul Play, Violent Conduct et al but this, ooh that player fell over 2 minutes before a goal was scored, disallowed, is an utter shambles.

I suspect that I may well not be a fan of VAR in it's current format. I might not have been clear on the matter.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They all voted in favour of it, in full knowledge of how much it cost, and in full knowledge of how it is used literally everywhere else in the world. The only club in the entire SPFL who could grumble about the financial burden of VAR, if they ever need it, is Greenock Morton, the 1 out of 42 who opposed it.

You know f**k all about perception eh? This was a vote where nobody wanted to be an outlier.

There was one offer on the table, not much wiggle room.

You’re cool with Killie paying £100k a year and the OF £165k?

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:
You know f**k all about perception eh? This was a vote where nobody wanted to be an outlier.
There was one offer on the table, not much wiggle room.
You’re cool with Killie paying £100k a year and the OF £165k?

I'm not fine with anyone paying any money for it, I think it's shite and a scourge on Scottish football. However, given that Killie freely signed up to a deal where the costs come out of prize money proportionally, I don't have the tiniest grain of sympathy for the club (or any other club) in terms of how much it costs them.

There also wasn't "one offer on the table" - the original plan was for it to be split equally, and the clubs didn't fancy that. There was also always the very clear "offer" of every single club paying £0.

Edited by craigkillie