Normal Island

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been informed that the BBC turned the bagpipes right down so you couldn't hear them, and then turned the volume back up again for the organ.  The other half certainly wasn't impressed with that one.

I heard the bagpipes fine.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I heard the bagpipes fine.

Fook.  That'll be her back in another selective hearing phase then.  😒

Eta: unless it was ITV

Anyway, when is the area getting nuked and we end up in a real-life King Ralph situation?  Kind of impressive that there hasn't been anything other than a meltdown over a man wanting to touch a coffin.

Edited by Hedgecutter

52 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

My mind is blown at that. Do you think some of these people interviewed are plants? Or maybe they are interviewed off camera first to ensure they are Uber monarchists? I’m assuming that was Sophie Raworth BBC doing the interview and let’s face it they have form for this with Newsnight etc.

Thats actually shameful, hopefully her kids aren’t old enough to understand.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I was out with the dog this morning [not ref to wife btw] and I used black poo bags as a mark of respect. I've done my bit.

I would expect no less from a distinguished member of the aristocracy!

Seen on twitter folk saying their work has closed and they aren't getting paid. That's a complete shambles, if you are so keen to be seen to "do the right thing" but quietly don't pay your staff for their rostered hours then you are a complete melt and I hope with the job market is so tight your staff leave you for a better employer. This country 🤯.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seen on twitter folk saying their work has closed and they aren't getting paid. That's a complete shambles, if you are so keen to be seen to "do the right thing" but quietly don't pay your staff for their rostered hours then you are a complete melt and I hope with the job market is so tight your staff leave you for a better employer. This country 🤯.

The worst part of that is that the new PM will back the companies up on that stance. When will employment law be properly in place in the UK?