Normal Island

6 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

IMG_0150.thumb.jpeg.22e993071be8a7124a02af096bd40cb5.jpeg

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/uk-gov-want-scottish-schools-30795631

£8m spent on putting up pictures of an elderly man.

Seems a strange use of money when doctors are still out on strike.

This may be more suited to one of the politics topics but this kind of job really does leave me feeling cold.

Looking back, growing up in England in the late 90s/early 00s state-endorsed nationalism/flag shagging was never really a thing, outside of football tournaments the only time you saw the St George's Cross was outside the town hall and posh hotels. Watching American TV and seeing their resolute adoration and ceremony for flags, their nationality and whatever was totally bizarre.

Now England has its own Red, White and Blue plastered over everything from supermarket adverts to public transport, and the state wants institutions to put up pictures of some wretched goblin who god allegedly annointed upon us, presumably so kids can gaze at his wonderment every day before class. What a country. I think we all know what caused it.

Edited by southernrover

10 hours ago, 101 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/uk-gov-want-scottish-schools-30795631

£8m spent on putting up pictures of an elderly man.

Seems a strange use of money when doctors are still out on strike.

Letter already in from Ibrox sayig they will take the ones the government don't want

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Letter already in from Ibrox sayig they will take the ones the government don't want

How in the creation of f***  does some photos amount to 8 million ??

1 hour ago, dagane said:

Ever increasing requirement for food banks, council budgets being slashed by tens of millions, service levels through the floor, and yet they're spunking 8 million on pictures of that jug-eared cnut that could surely be produced for a fraction of that cost. They're yet again taking us all for utter mugs. The world is indeed truly fucked.

Edited by 'WellDel

2 hours ago, dagane said:

Even with the cost of frames and assuming that this is a UK wide total that’s still a bit pricey unless they’re absolutely massive 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Even with the cost of frames and assuming that this is a UK wide total that’s still a bit pricey unless they’re absolutely massive 

Someone’s promise that their art degree wouldn’t be a waste of time to daddy needs to be achieved IMO.

But yeah country is an absolute state but a few pictures of chick up on the wall is surely going to make our education system first class

Edited by parsforlife