Wordle

Arch Stanton

Wordle 200 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Β 

Oh baby. Tried a new opening word, seems to work well. Still hard mode.

Spoiler

My opening word is, literally, Shite. Covers the -sh at the start and end of words (shoot, brash etc.), 2 vowels for common -ie (piece, SIEGE etc.) or less common -ei (deity, being etc.) words too. Gonna go with that for now, might be a better word to open with in terms of pure math but im sticking with Shite to give someone a chuckle if they monitors word uses on the site.

Edited, was giving -ch examples for -sh as that used to be in my opener.

Not sure what to go with if none of those are in the first word. Adorn, probably, would have a breakdown if theres no hints from those two words.

Β 

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just noticed you can change the number of letters on this one. Anyone able to do the eleven letter version without using a crossword dictionary or such like? I had a couple of goes and decided it's impossible.

Β 

Screenshot_20220105-080620_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220105-090233.thumb.png.15d9632e0396e53c64854b498fe82353.png

oh-snap-black-people.gif.641c748ebb23c2e281d18adfe4dea475.gif

I knew that #s 2&3 couldn't be right, but I was struggling to list any other suitable 11 letter words at the time.

Eta: Think I may as well retire on this latest one though (a somewhat niche first guess, I know):

Screenshot_20220105-100919.thumb.png.2a92b4c5b925205c561324a76a907b02.png

😎

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

If it helps, this is just as (if not more) impressive than a 2/6 in my book.Β  Bravo.

Had a fair list of words I could go with after getting 2, 4 and 5 right. Narrowed it down but on the last go I still had 3 options. Mostly I rushed a couple of guesses that took out 1 word when I should have used options that would have ruled out multiples. Schoolboy error really.

Out of interest does the original one allow plurals? Β I gave that new one a shot and suffered an overdose so giving it a miss. One of the words in that cheap knock off was β€˜Donna’. Nope, not having that.

ETA - am I the only one that gets halfway through typing the first word before realising that the word I’m typing is actually six letters?

Edited by Alert Mongoose

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

90% sure that I tried a pluralised word a few days back that was accepted.Β 

Yeah realised that but was just wondering if that means that the answer could be a plural? I could be wrong but don’t think any of the answers have been a plural.

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yeah realised that but was just wondering if that means that the answer could be a plural? I could be wrong but don’t think any of the answers have been a plural.

This kind of goes back to my earlier question about how random the answer selection is.Β  If it is entirely random, then there's no reason why any acceptable guess (incl. plurals) couldn't be the final answer.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

ETA - am I the only one that gets halfway through typing the first word before realising that the word I’m typing is actually six letters?

Not done that, but often find myself putting German words in before realising why it won’t accept them.