Wordle

Arch Stanton

I'm gonna buck the trend - there's usually one letter with 3/4 options and that is part of the fun for me but maybe I'm just saying that because I got lucky with my first "proper" guess today (the first two always being about establishing what & how many vowels there are - usually two).  There was one a coupla weeks back where IMO there were 6/7 options for the final letter so I had to go tactical on guess 5 and use a word I knew was wrong but eliminated 3 wrong letters instead of one.

Like I say that's the name of the game, otherwise where's the fun?

Wordle 286 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Also the other day when the Wordle was nymph  I "wasted" guess 3 because I wanted to use my favorite (sic) no-vowel 5 letter Scrabble word cwtch - there would've been some fuss if they'd used that!

Edited by btb

I'm gonna buck the trend - there's usually one letter with 3/4 options and that is part of the fun for me but maybe I'm just saying that because I got lucky with my first "proper" guess today (the first two always being about establishing what & how many vowels there are - usually two).  There was one a coupla weeks back where there were IMO there were 6/7 options for the final letter so I had to go tactical on guess 5 and use a word I knew was wrong but eliminated 3 wrong letters instead of one.
Wordle 286 3/6
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟨
[emoji833]🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Also the other day when the Wordle was nymph  I "wasted" guess 3 because I wanted to use my favorite (sic) no-vowel 5 letter Scrabble word cwtch - there would've been some fuss if they'd used that!
I play it in hard mode which doesn't allow mistakes but that's more to stop me being a numpty and accidentally forgetting to use correct letters. I hadn't thought of the advantages of deliberately just going for a word to narrow down the choices.

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
55 minutes ago, btb said:
I'm gonna buck the trend - there's usually one letter with 3/4 options and that is part of the fun for me but maybe I'm just saying that because I got lucky with my first "proper" guess today (the first two always being about establishing what & how many vowels there are - usually two).  There was one a coupla weeks back where there were IMO there were 6/7 options for the final letter so I had to go tactical on guess 5 and use a word I knew was wrong but eliminated 3 wrong letters instead of one.
Wordle 286 3/6
emoji833.pngemoji833.pngemoji833.pngemoji833.png🟨
emoji833.png🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I play it in hard mode which doesn't allow mistakes but that's more to stop me being a numpty and accidentally forgetting to use correct letters. I hadn't thought of the advantages of deliberately just going for a word to narrow down the choices.

IIRC the Wordle was cater  and thinking about it IMO there are 10 options you could have for the first letter if you include the esoteric ones like gater  (it's Murican) & tater  it's (Hobbituese) so yeah I'm sticking with easy!

Edited by btb

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Should be safe to say now that, for me, yesterday's word was LOWLY and the day before was STOVE. Anyone else had it differently apart from @Forest_Fifer ?

I had those words too.

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Grrr 🤬🤬🤬 

It’s one of THOSE ones today

Wordle 286 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

FFS. They're doing that deliberately.

Wordle 286 6/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Phew, another one of these where I just stroll in thinking that wasn't so bad and then see what could've happened. Thankfully I didn't notice all the other possible answers before putting in the correct one. Possibly means I rushed into it and got lucky, again, but also possibly means I saved myself about 20 minutes of internal debate and head scratching!

Wordle 286 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩