God Save The Queen

Lex

I've also long thought this would have been great, rousing replacement for Flower of Scotland. Fans of Tennents might remember this from a TV ad, some years ago. I know there's another version by the writer of the song - Dougie McLean, but I just love the passion Frankie M puts into this.

I've also long thought this would have been great, rousing replacement for Flower of Scotland. Fans of Tennents might remember this from a TV ad, some years ago. I know there's another version by the writer of the song - Dougie McLean, but I just love the passion Frankie M puts into this.

Good idea
If we could all sing like Frankie miller it would be a great one

On 05/01/2022 at 13:03, dirty dingus said:

What about Jockistan (© Kelvin Mackenzie) surely we can join the Caliphate too. We can offer them nuclear weapons to kick start the world takeover.

You would see some interesting football name changes;

Inverness Caliphate Thistle v Mohammedton Madrassans

Koran of the South v Mosquetrose

Allah Athletic v Greenock Muezzin

Forres Meccanics v Cowdenbeath (they're totally Shiite)

It's odd all this flag waving, national anthem singing shite that certain loonies are trying to promote. I say it's odd because it lies counter to the good old British value of not having to be bothered with such flummery and laughing at the Yanks who have to pledge their allegiance to their flag. There was a Peter Sellers film made in the 1950s, that British "golden age" to which (small "c") conservatives will no doubt hark back to, where he is the projectionist in a fleapit cinema. The film ends and there is a mad rush amongst the audience to escape before the National Anthem is played, a joke that would have been based in reality for many. The one time in the year that there is a mass outbreak of Union flag waving (outwith sporting events and parades by certain unsavoury organisations) is the Last Night of the Proms and it tends to be mostly a tongue in cheek affair. 

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" said Samuel Johnson and he was right. Those trying to bring in an ironically alien idea of flag shagging to the UK are merely trying to fan the embers of a dying fire.

14 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Not only do I 100% approve of this suggestion, but any time it's played live at Hampden, the bold Romeo should be wheeled out on his boat, mic in one hand, other hand enrapturing the crowd with his karate dance moves. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If Ed Sheeran was played before a game I would walk out in disgust.

Don't walk out, just go to the toilet until it is over.

The national anthem is meant to represent us, the nation, and Ed had the biggest selling song for 2021 so he represents us for 2022.

The biggest selling song in 2022 should be our national anthem for 2023. So our national anthem is constantly changing/evolving and representing the people of today and not some song from the dark ages. 

Don't walk out, just go to the toilet until it is over.
The national anthem is meant to represent us, the nation, and Ed had the biggest selling song for 2021 so he represents us for 2022.
The biggest selling song in 2022 should be our national anthem for 2023. So our national anthem is constantly changing/evolving and representing the people of today and not some song from the dark ages. 

When one stops to consider that 20 years ago “It wasn’t me” by shaggy would have replaced “Can we fix it” by Bob the builder as national anthem then suddenly your plan has merit

And maybe team GB would have done a bit better at the Barcelona Olympics with Rick Astley spurring them on