Thistle vs Ayr - Tuesday 1st February 2022

We have won this fixture 4-0 both times this season, but Ayr are off the back of a great result yesterday, I’m expecting a tougher test this time. 

We had a great result last time out against Raith and minus the Arbroath game are still on a good run of form. I think we should have enough about us to get the win here but we can’t take Ayr lightly. 

Edited by R&Y99

When Duffy took over we picked up 7 points from 3 games and went in to the Thistle game on a high, which Duffy pissed on by playing so deep and hoping that Sean McGinty had turned in to a competent defender overnight. Unsurprisingly, we goy our bums felt and it was the start of Duffy's insistence that our defensive line was somewhere around our penalty spot.  

Duffy is gone now and Whyte is a lot more attacking, as seen yesterday. However, the squad is still the same and we still have Sean McGinty. 

3-2 Thistle. Ayr score first and last. 

As White said yesterday, the players aren’t used to playing at that intensity so you wonder how that will affect recovery with a quick turnaround.  We don’t really have many options to freshen things, but the entire midfield and full backs put in an absolute power of work. 

Thistle will manage to make a cùnt of this ballot somehow.

From a selfish pov I hope concessions and kids go free don't even get an entry...unless sitting with a full price ST holder...

Merry Christmas 🤪

I'd like to give Thistle a game here. I think their front line is pretty formidable but they should be gettable at the back.

That said, I think their recent form is proving the opposite. They are like granite at the back but not scoring as many? That fair?

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd like to give Thistle a game here. I think their front line is pretty formidable but they should be gettable at the back.

That said, I think their recent form is proving the opposite. They are like granite at the back but not scoring as many? That fair?

Fair observation. Mayo and Akinola have formed a very solid partnership. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Yes. Although we’ve been pretty good at both aspects of the game, in previous matches v Ayr this season. 

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The main factor against Ayr is that they have ceded the midfield in each game. Once we dominated and scored a few goals they absolutely put up the white flag.

The hope for them will be the temporary incumbent can keep his charges with a positive mindset. 

Nevertheless it would be disappointing not to win this one as it will be the same bunch of haddies that have had Ayr circling the pan all season.