Where are you on the political spectrum?

Scott Steiner

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If he's been punted, it's absolutely ridiculous. I never saw one of his posts that was abusive or insulting.

Plenty that I....and apparently many others....disagreed with, but I had no problem with him posting his opinions. 

It increasingly seems on here that 'trolling' means simply disagreeing with majority opinions, regardless of how civily you post. And if you're one of the 'main players' on certain threads, you can post constant, abusive pish with impunity.

Cliquey as fvck, sadly.

No idea if any of that's true as he went on ignore pretty damned sharpish, but he'll have been punted for desperate and persistent attention-seeking like so many before him, regardless of political opinions.

Folk don't tend to last long once they've made every post either by or about them.

I've laughed at you a couple of times, Thorongil. That's all. Looks like quite a few others have too. Your overreactions have been hilarious.

You don't seem to be able to cope with it, however, so I'll stick this account on ignore too. Good luck persuading others to do likewise.

Just now, BFTD said:

I've laughed at you a couple of times, Thorongil. That's all. Looks like quite a few others have too. Your overreactions have been hilarious.

You don't seem to be able to cope with it, however, so I'll stick this account on ignore too. Good luck persuading others to do likewise.

I was going to suggest a fresh start. It’s a new year. Let’s let the past go and try to get along. 

6 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Aw FFS. 

no, I don’t fucking know who. I’ve only been here since June. 

I think he means Scott Steiner.

I know you're not but once some of them get it into their heads it doesn't shift.

Hardliner will be posting more on the other board now. The joy. 😃

28 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Aw FFS. 

no, I don’t fucking know who. I’ve only been here since June. 

Sorry...

It was meant to be a joke. Thought it would have been pretty obvious given all the shite Steiner was coming out with re his New Year amnesty.

56 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I think he means Scott Steiner.

I know you're not but once some of them get it into their heads it doesn't shift.

Hardliner will be posting more on the other board now. The joy. 😃

What board is this ?

Asking for a friend.

Guest Bob Mahelp

To get back to the original question, I would describe myself as left of centre socially and right of centre economically. 

In that I believe in equality for all, and I believe that society is only as strong as the weakest in that society, but I also like my salary, and my house, and my car, and my holidays and I want a bit more money. 

I'd hazard a fair guess that sums up pretty much everyone who posts on this board, outside those few who detest the weakest in society. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

To get back to the original question, I would describe myself as left of centre socially and right of centre economically. 

In that I believe in equality for all, and I believe that society is only as strong as the weakest in that society, but I also like my salary, and my house, and my car, and my holidays and I want a bit more money. 

I'd hazard a fair guess that sums up pretty much everyone who posts on this board, outside those few who detest the weakest in society. 

You can’t have a just society with huge economic inequalities.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree completely. But it's the job of government to create frameworks and mechanisms to make sure the weakest in society don't get left behind.....the Tories here aspire to be the Republicans in the USA. They don't give a fvck about the poorest and weakest. 

I want more investment in health and far less in 'defence'. I don't want nuclear wseapons in my country. But I want myself and my family to be comfortably off, as do most.

I don't consider myself perfect, just normal(ish). 

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Under Salmond’s Government, poverty and inequality in Scotland reduced significantly. Under Sturgeon, poverty and inequality have increased. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree completely. But it's the job of government to create frameworks and mechanisms to make sure the weakest in society don't get left behind.....the Tories here aspire to be the Republicans in the USA. They don't give a fvck about the poorest and weakest. 

I want more investment in health and far less in 'defence'. I don't want nuclear wseapons in my country. But I want myself and my family to be comfortably off, as do most.

There is no reason why everyone in Scotland can’t be relatively comfortably off. Everyone should have a decent home and a universal level of basic income which provides for a decent quality of life. 

it actually should be the goal of any government which aspires to control. If people are relatively happy with their lot the governments would be able to do pretty much anything they want. 

Furlough and the like only confirms the existence of the magic money tree.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Yeah I agree.  We need a taxation system that addresses poverty whilst not acting too much as a disincentive.

The problem is that some folk regard any tax as a disincentive whereas in reality many of us could afford to pay more tax and still have a very nice lifestyle.

Of course wealth distribution is only one part of addressing social inequality.