The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect they'll use an entirely different legal argument when it gets to court. The current 'reasons' are laughable.

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not sure that'll wash in court. The Order itself must be justified in terms of the reasons upon which the decision to issue it was made. It's a long time since I studied constitutional law as part of my degree, but my recollections are that if there are not sound reasons at the time the decision was made, the decision is ultra vires and falls. Happy to be corrected if that is no longer the case!

@Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Tim Farron, the man who says the SNP are akin to UKIP and who says gay sex is a sin, voted against S35. 

1) why has he grown a conscience all of a sudden, and

2) what does that say about all but eleven of Labour’s MPs

I'd imagine that for him it's isn't the issue itself that's important, rather the very act of Westminster striking down a bill formulated by a democratically elected devolved parliament.

There are a few people of all political persuasions who you would ordinarily expect to be all over anything that keeps minorities firmly repressed, yet are standing up against s35. It's a fundamental question of respect for democracy.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

How long has Jim Spence been a right wing bigot?  He seems to be stirring the pot on an hourly basis with passive aggressive tweets about Gender Reform.  

He's been tweeting this pish for at least a couple of years iirc. 

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

How long has Jim Spence been a right wing bigot?  He seems to be stirring the pot on an hourly basis with passive aggressive tweets about Gender Reform.  

Not very passive..

Yeah, he’s an Alba Da basically. Yet another who’s had his brain melted by Twitter.

You really do have to wonder if he and his ilk will actually genuinely go from SNP activists to Tory voters in the space of two years simply because the SNP want to make getting a bit of paper easier for 0.1% of the population. 

Spence's brain has long since melted. He was going heavy on pro Blue Lives Matter stuff around the time George Floyd was murdered and had long been expressing very iffy opinions by the time I stopped following him on Twitter.

I don't know if Radio Scotland still use him for anything, but that Tweet should hopefully get him off the airwaves for good.

53 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Spence's brain has long since melted. He was going heavy on pro Blue Lives Matter stuff around the time George Floyd was murdered and had long been expressing very iffy opinions by the time I stopped following him on Twitter.

I don't know if Radio Scotland still use him for anything, but that Tweet should hopefully get him off the airwaves for good.

The way BBC Scotland operates now that will probably see him promoted rather than emptied  !!!

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

BBC reporting Lord Hope (former Supreme Court judge)as saying that the SG are on to a loser.

Interesting, if true, as he is Scottish and was a top judge!

But not a top, top judge. 

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Yeah, seems that way.  I completely missed it.  I met a few years ago and he seemed perfectly amiable and reasonable.  

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

BBC reporting Lord Hope (former Supreme Court judge)as saying that the SG are on to a loser.

Well they were never going to win this one in the Conservative Courts. Even if the courts have to ignore the law to get to their desired outcome.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Why would being Scottish influence his opinion?

Don't think Spence is with the BBC anymore. He just writes whatever leaks out of his melted ice-cream brain in the Courier these days.

No surprise either that for a massive bootlicking blue lives matter guy who consistently posted about the polis, there's not a peep in the last week or so after all the nonces in the Met were uncovered.

Edited by Slim Charles.

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That's odd. I spoke to an old retired bloke the other day and he thinks the SG are on to a winner.