The 1997 thread

ICTChris

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Every band is reformed and still touring. 

Pretty much, think we've definitely reached the stage where it's been long enough for the nostalgia to kick in. Bands who you watched in your teens and now your in your 40s and want to pretend your life didn't turn to shit after you reached 25

Pretty much, think we've definitely reached the stage where it's been long enough for the nostalgia to kick in. Bands who you watched in your teens and now your in your 40s and want to pretend your life didn't turn to shit after you reached 25
Yeah, its weird being at an age where it so happens that big media companies etc have decided that you are the cash cow, and rebooting this shit you liked as a kid is the way to go.

Sort of makes you feel special, like you maybe grew up at some sort of zenith for music/film etc etc.

The reality is, they probably just have data that identifies us as the biggest suckers available.

45 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I saw this recently and I think it would just depress me despite the fact I saw almost all those acts back in the 00s.

20220130_232315.jpg

59 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I thought it was because over the years all their money has been spent on cocaine and other stuff so they have to get back on the road to pay the rent.

I was 6 in 1997. Don't remember a great deal but had my first holiday abroad to Gran Canaria which was great.

Also went to Blackpool for a few days and, even as a 6 year old, I remember thinking it was fucking pish. Haven't been back since and have no intention to.

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

200.gif

I watched that Final in the Stirling Uni Sports Bar.

At one point a Bairns fan shouted "F*ck this family final shite and get into these b*****ds, Falkirk!"

That year in England Middlesbrough lost two cup finals- the League Cup to Leicester after a replay (Lenny getting a winners medal) and to Chelsea in the FA Cup (Sir Steve Clarke being on the winning side)

The When We Were Young festival is definitely a scam, dunno about the second one.
18m folk watching fucking Heartbeat [emoji28][emoji28]

I still remember hearing the opening credits at I was getting papped off to bed after finishing my homework.