St Mirren v Motherwell 1/2/22

What on earth is that formation?! 5-4-1? Safe to say that’s not what I was expecting.

I wasn’t that confident going into this one tonight, and I don’t think that’s made it any better.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

He got back in due to an injury to McCarthy, but he’s done well I’d say.

Remember in his home debut he pinged successive perfect 60 yard cross field passes and I thought - wow, what have we got here!!!

Don’t think one has landed since, but then again, that’s not really his job 🙂

I once heard a story on the radio about a guy who got a puppy. The first time he let it off the lead, the puppy tore off into some bushes where he found an whole rotisserie chicken that someone had left.

That dog grew old and was walked past those bushes every day, and every time would insist on checking the bushes just in case there was a chicken there.

Charles Dunne is that dog; the chicken is the long pass that found its target the first time he tried it.

16 minutes ago, dezz said:

What on earth is that formation?! 5-4-1? Safe to say that’s not what I was expecting.

I wasn’t that confident going into this one tonight, and I don’t think that’s made it any better.

3 fullbacks and 4 central midfielders? Unconventional...

Seems Grezza got Champo from Santa and from being a solid 433 for a year, we've now had 442 Diamond and a (on paper) 451 in successive games.

If it's to soak up St Mirren's attacking lineup and go after them when they're tired like Ali vs Foreman I'm all for it.

We've lost a bit of our mojo so a point would be acceptable. Feel it is gonna be a doing one way or another.