Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Not sure how much you can believe this but I'll post it anyway.

In a poll of 1,007 Russians conducted by Lord Ashcroft, 85% of respondents claimed to have a positive view of Vladimir Putin and 76% supported the military operation against Ukraine.

Edit: Not sure if all 1,007 Russians polled were Tory donors or not.

Edit2: I do like how they manage to include 007 in the numbers though.

Edited by Suspect Device

Just now, Wee Bully said:

This is really hurting you, isn’t it.? Your whole worldview being torn down before your eyes. 

How exactly?

The Times have been printing absolute nonsense about foreign countries my entire. They massively fabricated stories about Iraq, Syria and Libya. 

The idea that Russian units have air defences but don't bother with a nightshift is absolutely absurd. 

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How exactly?

The Times have been printing absolute nonsense about foreign countries my entire. They massively fabricated stories about Iraq, Syria and Libya. 

The idea that Russian units have air defences but don't bother with a nightshift is absolutely absurd. 

Of course it’s not absurd - they’ve shown themselves to be not the force they suggested they were. 

That’s what’s hurting you. I know it, you know it, everyone one here knows it. 

I find it quite comforting to think that one of the world's most feared armed forces would turn out to be a bit shit.

Hopefully the Americans are just as poor in the field.

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How exactly?

They might just not have the ability to detect tiny drones high above them at night, so take the opportunity for some kip and hope for the best. You wouldn't want to get woken up every time a seagull passes over.

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Of course it’s not absurd - they’ve shown themselves to be not the force they suggested they were. 

That’s what’s hurting you. I know it, you know it, everyone one here knows it. 

They have taken territory the size of Italy in 3 weeks and reduced a massive armed forces with huge US financing to purely defensive capabilities within 24 hours. That seems fairly realistic. 

Being bothered about the relative strengths of various armed forces is for absolute gimps that buy Andy McNabb books. I'm interested in the political side. 

I saw a video on YouTube a few years back of a Ukrainian soldier in Donbas who had modified a commercial drone that could drop grenades over enemy trenches.  

Russia are increasingly using drones as well and have a very large stockpile of them, as well as experience of drone warfare in Libya and Syria and, tangentially, in Karabakh.

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They have taken territory the size of Italy in 3 weeks and reduced a massive armed forces with huge US financing to purely defensive capabilities within 24 hours. That seems fairly realistic. 

Being bothered about the relative strengths of various armed forces is for absolute gimps that buy Andy McNabb books. I'm interested in the political side. 

You go H B 

3 hours ago, resk said:

Did anyone see footage of thon rally in the fitba ground in Moscow?  Not at all sinister.... 

Putin security are really worried about there man.The gaps around the stage don't show any type of confidence that he is popular 

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I think they've proved that a few times.

True, although they have killed an awful lot of people in the process, so they probably wouldn't consider those ventures to be total failures.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

We still have the waves.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I saw a video on YouTube a few years back of a Ukrainian soldier in Donbas who had modified a commercial drone that could drop grenades over enemy trenches.  

Russia are increasingly using drones as well and have a very large stockpile of them, as well as experience of drone warfare in Libya and Syria and, tangentially, in Karabakh.

ISIS were straight on to drones capable of dropping bombs too, as soon as you could buy them from Amazon for a reasonable price. I'm not sure how effective the defences are, given that Gatwick closed for 3 days with full military assistance to detect a threatening drone that turned to belong to the police.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

ISIS were straight on to drones capable of dropping bombs too, as soon as you could buy them from Amazon for a reasonable price. I'm not sure how effective the defences are, given that Gatwick closed for 3 days with full military assistance to detect a threatening drone that turned to belong to the police.

Easy now, that was internal....Were better when it;s external. don't you know?

Not exactly the best selection of 'bangurz' for after-parties (unless your after parties are a bit wacky), but might be handy for identifying imminent drone strikes if mad Vlad announces a global tour.

The booklet that comes with the vinyl is an interesting read. 

https://discrepant.bandcamp.com/album/a-study-into-21st-century-drone-acoustics