Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Good. 

He's pure shite and we didn't want him anyway. 

No way a Celtic man could manage Aberdeen to any sort of success. He'd be trying to lose games against them on purpose. 

It's only 3 points though.

Edit: Trying to joke about that but it still angers me to this day. Probably will forever.

Edited by Suspect Device

8 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

image.png.5bf4ba50ea20026192f70790bd95ee07.png

Updated to show Edinburgh's two. Worth remembering despite 9 in row, Celtic's average is 1.29. To work out Rangers>Sevco>Newco journey, I'd have to visit far too many wikipedia pages and a 37th, 25th, 14th, 13th etc. do skew the past 17 seasons quite a bit

But to correct your post @coprolite, Motherwell are only behind the Dons. 4 cup finals too in that time but always against the OF and no silverwear and I'd sacrifice league placings record for a cup.

Dundee Utd outspend us, the chat in our thread is Tony is on £4k+ a week. it's probably between us and Killie (until recently) for the 7th biggest, but our wage bill seems to be consistent around 9th-10th.

Fortune also came into things, our administration in 2002 under Boyle didn't have a points penalty at the time and we avoided relegation in 2003 when Broomfield was not 10k all seater. Granted these were before 2004-05 when Jimmy Calderwood was appointed in 2004-05 and was the catalyst for generating the table.

15 points deducted from Hearts in 2013-14, Hibs being chronic that season and losing to Accies meant the 2014-15 Championship was a perfect storm with the Jimmy Carr's being promoted. Hearts got back up immediately only to be smited by Cathro/Levein and Covid in 2019-20 and down again.

Looks like a sustained period of punching by your lot then. 

I shouldn't be surprised that the embra yo yo sides have done worse than us but i actually am. I guess that says something about a pessimistic worldview. 

Incidentally i recently worked out the Dons average placings for the last 30 and 25 years (6.4 and 7.0). I it's fair to say that Milne did a respectable job for us as chairman, despite only wanting the land for flats. 

10 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

image.png.5afb480ab350ffe6cb702112888d2e07.png

We're the only two teams outside Celtic who have been in the league since Calderwood was appointed for the 2004-05 season. Not as big a gap as you may think with the resource and financial gulf between our two clubs. You're 4.6 to our 6.1 so 1.5 league places better on average but have probably spent £125m more than us (Motherwell £2.5m to Aberdeen £10m = £7.5m x 17 seasons = £127.5m).

Bump a few of those 2nd's from 2015 onwards down to thirds and the Derek vs Jimmy record isn't as big as you suggest.

Not that it makes any material difference to the average placings but the 2020 placings are the wrong way round on that spreadsheet.

We finished 3rd, Aberdeen finished 4th.

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Sounds as if Goodwin has met with Aberdeen already but Cormac has decided not to pursue him any further and now that Goodwin's head has been turned he's looking at taking up the reigns elsewhere, most likely down south.

Turning into a bit of a nightmare scenario for St. Mirren.

Where is this coming from ?  Certainly what Goodwin told Jamie McGrath when Aberdeen were interested.  Told him hold on work hard you will get your gig down south. Goodwin is on 2k a week Aberdeen can triple that life changing. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I shouldn't be surprised that the embra yo yo sides have done worse than us but i actually am. I guess that says something about a pessimistic worldview

I think it also says something about your arithmetical abilities tbqhwy...................