Saints vs Dundee Utd. - Sat 19th...

Fair play to Utd. That 2nd half it was obvious within a minute or so that they were after us. I don't honestly think I've seen a team ragdoll us so mercilessly as they did in that 2nd 45 yesterday. Whatever Courts said at half time and whatever Robinson said clearly had polar opposite effects as we looked like we'd totally shat ourselves and Utd knew it.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair play to Utd. That 2nd half it was obvious within a minute or so that they were after us. I don't honestly think I've seen a team ragdoll us so mercilessly as they did in that 2nd 45 yesterday. Whatever Courts said at half time and whatever Robinson said clearly had polar opposite effects as we looked like we'd totally shat ourselves and Utd knew it.

The second half was the best United had played in months. Not sure if the players abandoned Courts' tactics or if Courts abandoned Courts'tactics. There was a huge emphasis on just getting the ball forward. Something we'd been crying out for for ages. 

In pretty much every game since he came in I have been baffled by Robinson's substitutes and in game changes. 

I'm hoping it's early days and he's getting used to the squad but I'm getting really bad vibes.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we finished 11th. 

10 hours ago, codfish said:
Beat Motherwell in a fortnight and at least we’ll know what we need to do in our last game pre-split. Just can’t see us beating Motherwell though - feels a bit like we’ve blown top six (and a shot at Europe) from a position of strength.

I laughed when I read the statement above. 

The bit about not believing you can beat Motherwell. Trust me you very much can and probably will.
Also blown top 6 and Europe. We were comfortably in 4th place at Xmas time and since then taken 5 points from 33. If any team has really fucked up this season it is sadly Motherwell. 

The only hope I have is that this abysmal run has to end sometime. There is no evidence to suggest it will however !

28 minutes ago, Silvio said:

In pretty much every game since he came in I have been baffled by Robinson's substitutes and in game changes. 

I'm hoping it's early days and he's getting used to the squad but I'm getting really bad vibes.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we finished 11th. 

To be fair it would take a collapse bigger than Hibs under Butcher to get caught from a position of 12 points ahead with 8 games to go.

10 hours ago, codfish said:

Beat Motherwell in a fortnight and at least we’ll know what we need to do in our last game pre-split. Just can’t see us beating Motherwell though - feels a bit like we’ve blown top six (and a shot at Europe) from a position of strength.

The bit about not believing you can beat Motherwell. Trust me you very much can and probably will.
Also blown top 6 and Europe. We were comfortably in 4th place at Xmas time and since then taken 5 points from 33. If any team has really fucked up this season it is sadly Motherwell. 

The only hope I have is that this abysmal run has to end sometime. There is no evidence to suggest it will however !

Robinson’s subs are just blowing my mind.

65 mins in, 1-1 at home and we take Henderson and Kiltie off for McCarthy and Grieve. With 10 to go we then send on  Erhahon and Main.

If you didn’t know any better, you’d think we were defending a nice comfortable 2-0 lead.

Also, that’s a definite foul on McCarthy by Watt a split second before Alnwick is sent off.

He’s only just in the door and will undoubtedly need a transfer window to put his stamp on things, but Robinson’s subs and in-game tactical switches give me the absolute fear.

A shambles of a second half performance from Saints. Without Jones and Tanser we are devoid of any quality deliveries from either side of the pitch.

We got battered and bullied all over the pitch second half and Utd were the better team. I’m baffled by Robinson’s substitutions and can’t help thinking that maybe it would have been best to have went with a young manager.

Edited by glenburn bud

The only certainty from this season is that four teams are going to be saying almost exactly that in a few weeks time. Missed opportunities galore.

On 19/03/2022 at 18:18, Wardog said:

Can say its sour grapes but Dundee Utd are fucking woeful, honestly cannot understand why they are 4th, fucking horrific football team.

You've obviously not noticed, but we're not exactly clear in fourth. Still a lot of football to be played.

23 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Robinson’s subs are just blowing my mind.

65 mins in, 1-1 at home and we take Henderson and Kiltie off for McCarthy and Grieve. With 10 to go we then send on  Erhahon and Main

McCarthy was needed as we were struggling with a back 4 to match United's 3 up top, they were pressing us when we had it at the back and we couldn't play out at all. It should have been made within the first 5 mins of the second half. 

I'd have probably removed Power and kept Henderson on and go to 5-4-1. Henderson for all his good play going forward did leave Fraser a  bit exposed at times.