Saints vs Dundee Utd. - Sat 19th...

We just couldn't live with United in that second half. Straight from the kickoff they bullied us. I'm hugely disappointed that we lost a goal so late in stoppage time but certainly no question United got the result they deserved. 

One strange thing though, the 4th official signalled 4 minutes stoppage time and United scored on 90+6 minutes when there were no additional stoppages. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

We just couldn't live with United in that second half. Straight from the kickoff they bullied us. I'm hugely disappointed that we lost a goal so late in stoppage time but certainly no question United got the result they deserved. 

One strange thing though, the 4th official signalled 4 minutes stoppage time and United scored on 90+6 minutes when there were no additional stoppages. 

Two extra minutes were added to give Curtis Main a chance to jump off the ground and/or do something meaningful.

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The ref likely told the 4th before the stoppage for the red card.  

We deserved f**k all out that game. What on earth was Shaughnessy doing in the final minute. We had 10 men and were stealing a point. Not the time to be so out of position. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

1432316645_giphy(3).gif.dec12cc8c6760a9f7421af9f53926531.gif

A magnificent sequence of events to watch roll in from the tropical Clyde Riviera this afternoon. Thank you. 

How is life in the Championship with Douglas Imrie steering the ship? A guy who looks like he washes his face with a half pizza supper. I assume he is fitting in nicely down Inverclyde way. 

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No additional stoppages apart from the 3 minutes to make your sub when Alnwick was sent off you mean?

26 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

How is life in the Championship with Douglas Imrie steering the ship? A guy who looks like he washes his face with a half pizza supper. I assume he is fitting in nicely down Inverclyde way. 

You won't be laughing when he's our next manager!

2 hours ago, virginton said:

1432316645_giphy(3).gif.dec12cc8c6760a9f7421af9f53926531.gif

A magnificent sequence of events to watch roll in from the tropical Clyde Riviera this afternoon. Thank you. 

You lot just couldn't get one over the bottom team of the Championship last night. 

Gloating be fuk ? 🤣👍

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Eventually, one day, years from now, you'll say something cheerful.

Sadly, that day is so far away that it'll be the same day that the Earth crashes into the Sun so we won't even get to enjoy it.

It will be a  long time Coming because we are so bad I fear there will never be a time to be positive .I am baffled by people on here who can find something positive with a display like that.Going almost from the sublime to utterly ridiculous .

First half, United were as threatening as Aberdeen were last time they visited - about as comfortable a half as you’re likely to see as a St Mirren fan. Biggest issue was not pressing home the advantage.

Credit to Courts though - double sub and change of shape turned the game completely, and even though Robinson eventually changed things to counter it, we’d completely fallen out the game by that point.

I’m not certain about Alnwick’s red card, but from the family stand I was convinced he was off as soon as the whistle went. Wasn’t the first time he’s ended up in no man’s land today, uncharacteristic but ultimately costly.

Beat Motherwell in a fortnight and at least we’ll know what we need to do in our last game pre-split. Just can’t see us beating Motherwell though - feels a bit like we’ve blown top six (and a shot at Europe) from a position of strength.

On the plus side, had my 5 year old son at the game today and he wants to go back. f**k knows why…