Saints vs Dundee Utd. - Sat 19th...

41 points will do it for top six, so it's not really must win for either here, we both need five points. Just failure to win is going to make it a whole lot harder for one or both of us - especially us given our last game is against Rangers. But nothing will be decided on Saturday, win, lose or draw. 

We've certainly got the edge over United when it comes to the recent head to heads. We deservedly beat them at Tannadice a few weeks ago, we have lost only one of the last eight encounters and they haven't won a league game in Paisley since 2016. I'd be tempted to drop Jones for Henderson here, Jay's a relative regular when it comes to goals and assists, Jones hasn't had either in the league since joining:

Alnwick

Fraser-Dunne-Shaughnessy-Tanser

Gogic-Power

Henderson-Ronan-Kiltie

Brophy

Will be a close one but can see Ronan being the difference maker, again, 2-1.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

41 points will do it for top six, so it's not really must win for either here, we both need five points. Just failure to win is going to make it a whole lot harder for one or both of us - especially us given our last game is against Rangers. But nothing will be decided on Saturday, win, lose or draw. 

We've certainly got the edge over United when it comes to the recent head to heads. We deservedly beat them at Tannadice a few weeks ago, we have lost only one of the last eight encounters and they haven't won a league game in Paisley since 2016. I'd be tempted to drop Jones for Henderson here, Jay's a relative regular when it comes to goals and assists, Jones hasn't had either in the league since joining:

Alnwick

Fraser-Dunne-Shaughnessy-Tanser

Gogic-Power

Henderson-Ronan-Kiltie

Brophy

Will be a close one but can see Ronan being the difference maker, again, 2-1.

Would still play Jones over Henderson to start with. This will not be a goal fest we need to keep it tighter than the hearts game

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Would still play Jones over Henderson to start with. This will not be a goal fest we need to keep it tighter than the hearts game

All the more reason to drop Jones would have Henderson over him every day of the week.

20 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

goodwin.jpg

Was that the game we papped them 4-1? Remember that United team being hyped up to high heaven before that, think they were on a long unbeaten run and Gauld's mini Messi mania was at it's peak. Ryan got a right lesson from the actual future Scotland midfield superstar on the pitch that day, John McGinn. His career never recovered, I think he works in a Vancouver Burger King now.

timage.png.27381041272e580784415f520081aeb9.png

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Was that the game we papped them 4-1? Remember that United team being hyped up to high heaven before that, think they were on a long unbeaten run and Gauld's mini Messi mania was at it's peak. Ryan got a right lesson from the actual future Scotland midfield superstar on the pitch that day, John McGinn. His career never recovered, I think he works in a Vancouver Burger King now.

TBF Armstrong is a good player. 

8 hours ago, Lex said:

This was probably my favourite.

5EC6990C-098C-4B2B-8B5B-53A3F087B846.png

Going to get a superb Kebab Pie on the way in. Halftime it will be the steak, black/pudding & peppercorn sauce pie. I used to go to the buddie good van but no more pie/sports have greatly improved the grub inside the stadium.  On the game going for St Mirren 2 Dundee United 0 .  

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Ffs. You've just made me pine for the days of Jim Hamilton. Christ.

To be fair to Jim Hamilton, I think we'd have gone down instead of St Mirren without him that season, although he wasn't a prolific scorer.

He missed the first half of the season when we couldn't get a win, but came back in December to coincide with an upturn in form.

And I think he'd still be more effective in a striker's role than Clark and McNulty tomorrow, he's only in his mid-forties.

20 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Going to get a superb Kebab Pie on the way in. Halftime it will be the steak, black/pudding & peppercorn sauce pie. I used to go to the buddie good van but no more pie/sports have greatly improved the grub inside the stadium.  On the game going for St Mirren 2 Dundee United 0 .  

Be careful on the way home. If you fart, you might roughcast someone’s house.

5 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Mcnulty starts

And for that reason, im out

But tbf like I said the other day he's brought the young lad in so 🤷‍♂️

Also looks like we've went back to a back 4 but I can't really work out the formation. Has he got Niskanen as a RWB or right side of the front 3?

20220319_140457.jpg

Edited by ArabianKnight