Arbroath v Queens

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

Correct. This “Scotland’s darlings” motif is incredibly tiresome. 

Honestly where have you come fae? You’ve just come right out of nowhere. Can’t really remember a post of yours all year and the last couple of weeks you’re everywhere 😂

AFC on the mind 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly where have you come fae? You’ve just come right out of nowhere. Can’t really remember a post of yours all year and the last couple of weeks you’re everywhere 😂

AFC on the mind 

Been here for years mate apart from a short break when I had cancer 😀 And it’s hardly surprising I’m “everywhere” at the moment, given your team and my team are battling it out for the league.  As I’ve went on record to say, Arbroath have had a hell of a season. We haven’t. 

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Been here for years mate apart from a short break when I had cancer 😀 And it’s hardly surprising I’m “everywhere” at the moment, given your team and my team are battling it out for the league.  As I’ve went on record to say, Arbroath have had a hell of a season. We haven’t. 

Wasn’t a dig like I’m all for it but you have just come right out of the woodwork 🤣

Queens need to show the same attacking attitude and commitment as they did V Partick last week but obviously don't forget the defensive side this week. 

Are away fans only in the Stand for this game, no Terracing for us? 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Wasn’t a dig like I’m all for it but you have just come right out of the woodwork 🤣

I’ve literally been here all season. As a rule, I generally don’t tend to post in other teams threads, but as we’ve got to the sharp end of the season, well, I have. 
If you look back, you’ll see my shite musings in every Killie match thread. 

You’ve really got to feel for Killie - admittedly they are one of the poorest prospective Championship winners that I can remember in a very long time, but they are now hoping that we can somehow spring a surprise at Gayfield to get them out of jail. We have just lost 6 consecutive “must win” cup finals and we can’t even do ourselves a favour. Football has an uncanny knack of throwing up some ridiculous results and although it sounds a crazy statement there is probably very little between ourselves and Arbroath despite the gaping points deficit. The reality is that we continue to find a way to repeatedly lose really close even games by the odd goal. Arbroath are brilliant at doing the opposite and have done all season.

There is nothing to suggest that we will not revert to type today and find a way to lose a close game but we are long overdue some “luck in running” so you never know.

24 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Queens need to show the same attacking attitude and commitment as they did V Partick last week but obviously don't forget the defensive side this week. 

Are away fans only in the Stand for this game, no Terracing for us? 

You have a wee bit of terracing from the corner flag to the side of the stand. 

40 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Do you no mind him from the Indy forum, back in the day, course he had a different name then

Last nights win for ICT wasn't exactly helpful to Queens, eh?  Instead of being 7 ahead of Arbroath this morning with 3 left to play (for Arbroath) Killie could be only 1 point ahead of Arbroath by 5 pm tonight.  So instead of maybe taking it easy ahead of the playoffs, Arbroath are now back in the title chase with a bang and will be up for it this afternoon against Queens.  Thanks Killie, cheers.

Last nights win for ICT wasn't exactly helpful to Queens, eh?  Instead of being 7 ahead of Arbroath this morning with 3 left to play (for Arbroath) Killie could be only 1 point ahead of Arbroath by 5 pm tonight.  So instead of maybe taking it easy ahead of the playoffs, Arbroath are now back in the title chase with a bang and will be up for it this afternoon against Queens.  Thanks Killie, cheers.

You could also look at it from the point of view that there is now a huge amount of pressure on Arbroath to get the win today and a chance they may not cope with it.

If we were in any way competent at scoring I'd be confident of picking up something regardless of last night's result. We played some really good stuff against Thistle and could have won by 3 or 4 goals. But we are utter shite in the final third so I doubt we'll get anything today. Gibson has tightened us up at the back but 0-0's mean nothing at this point. Hopefully Fitzpatrick makes the starting 11 and we may have a miniscule chance of getting something.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You could also look at it from the point of view that there is now a huge amount of pressure on Arbroath to get the win today and a chance they may not cope with it.

If we were in any way competent at scoring I'd be confident of picking up something regardless of last night's result. We played some really good stuff against Thistle and could have won by 3 or 4 goals. But we are utter shite in the final third so I doubt we'll get anything today. Gibson has tightened us up at the back but 0-0's mean nothing at this point. Hopefully Fitzpatrick makes the starting 11 and we may have a miniscule chance of getting something.

Today is going to be very difficult and it would have been regardless of any pressure or whatever Qots looked good last week and we have been poor for a while. Second half last week aside we have not played well for a long time but....

We have the most clean sheets In the league and a cracking defensive record. We have kept 16 clean sheets!!!!!!! That is outstanding. And we also have a man who can put the ball in the goals. The pressure thing, we are a very experienced group who have won titles at this club before they’re used to it. This is the only reason we are still within touching distance of Killie after losing Nouble....

This of course could all go out the window today but as a fan as pessimistic and negative as I always usually am when it comes to football I have a ridiculous amount of trust in them

I have no idea what will happen today but the feeling I have right now, the excitement of going to the pub for a bevy and going to a big game is all I could have asked for considering the stage of the season we are now at.

I would’ve been extremely happy to be comfortable and playing for nothing back in July 

45 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

A Kilmarnock win last night would also have pretty much guaranteed Arbroath 2nd place.  ICT are now just in touch for that though, so it's fair to say Arbroath don't lack incentive today.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yep, hopefully Fitzpatrick starts.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

... so it's fair to say Arbroath don't lack incentive today.

Yes, indeed.  If Queens are to get anything today they're going to have to earn it that's for sure.