Heart of Midlothian - 2022/23 European Tour

Elixir

2 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I think Hearts would have got a row for that.

I just think you're going a bit OTT. Hearts were always going to get a pasting this evening. They're well under-strength.

You're right; if a team is missing a few players then there's no point even analysing the game and getting thrashed is fine.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You're right; if a team is missing a few players then there's no point even analysing the game and getting thrashed is fine.

Well, now you're just being unreasonable.

There's space between an attitude like that and saying an SPFL team missing its defence getting gubbed away to a Serie A team is 'embarrassing'.

Enjoy your evening.

This is the most embarrassing ‘European campaign’ of all time.

They shouldn’t even be here, it’s a third-rate competition that they qualified for via the technicality of losing a tie against Zürich.

They qualified that for that Zürich game by piggybacking off the success of other Scottish sides in Europe and having satanic luck with the timing of their 3rd place finish. Any other season and they’d have been tucked away by Birkirkara again.

Just now, HibsFan said:

This is the most embarrassing ‘European campaign’ of all time.

They shouldn’t even be here, it’s a third-rate competition that they qualified for via the technicality of losing a tie against Zürich.

They qualified that for that Zürich game by piggybacking off the success of other Scottish sides in Europe and having satanic luck with the timing of their 3rd place finish. Any other season and they’d have been tucked away by Birkirkara again.

MALMO 👍

3 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Well, now you're just being unreasonable.

There's space between an attitude like that and saying an SPFL team missing its defence getting gubbed away to a Serie A team is 'embarrassing'.

Enjoy your evening.

If you don't think getting scudded 5-1 is embarrassing then you're probably thick as shit tbh.

Hope your evening is substandard 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

This makes me feel a wee bit better about being utter shit and not qualifying for Europe. We could have been this embarrassing. Or worse.

Aye, I know, great, isn't it?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

To be really fair to Hearts, they were the best of the rest last season to qualify for this group, when "the rest" were worst rest for probably decades, so a match against absolutely any Serie A side no matter where they are in the table was always going to be a mis-match.

That's enough, kj, I've warned you about that sort of chat before.