Dog Kills Man

15 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I was in Dublin 20+ years ago and subjected to a bizarre rant from a taxi driver about how all dem damn Eastern European immigrants were eating all the swans. It’s still a thing then? And is there any idea why Dublin swans so much more tasty than our Brexity versions? 

In Britain all swans belong to the Monarch 

If they hadn't been traitorous Republicans over the water their swans would have been protected by Big Chuck and he'd have had their heads chopped off for messing with his birds 

I seen a young guy with 2 really big American Bulldogs in Stenny last week. He was a scrawny wee guy. These 2 dogs were 100% walking him and not the other way round. They were 2 of the most musclebound looking dogs iv ever seen. I was actually a bit wary of walking past them when he tied them outside B&M, which tbh, I don't even think you should be doing with dogs like that. 

Think it was this thread before we has a discussion about what yo do in a dog attack, because some of the dogs I see round my kids school and the way their owners are with them give me cause to at least want to know what to do....

Dog shoots owner dead

Spoiler

Dog shoots owner dead

Kansas hunter Joseph Smith killed after canine stepped on the trigger of his rifle

ByJosie Ensor,  US CORRESPONDENT25 January 2023 • 8:30pm

Joseph Smith, pictured with a dog, died after a canine accidentally stepped on the trigger of his gun

A Kansas hunter has been shot dead by his own dog after it accidentally stepped on the trigger of his rifle.

Joseph Smith, 30, was in the front passenger seat of his truck in Geuda Springs near the Oklahoma border, late Saturday while his dog was in the back with hunting gear, including a rifle.

“A canine belonging to the owner of the pick-up stepped on the rifle causing the weapon to discharge,” said the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office.

“The fired round struck the passenger who died of his injuries on scene.”

Responding police deputies arrived within minutes of a 911 call and started CPR, but Mr Smith was pronounced dead, said authorities.

A GoFundMe was started on behalf of the family of Mr Smith, who worked as a plumber, in order to help with the funeral and memorial costs. 

One friend defended Mr Smith from those mocking the circumstances surrounding the accident.

“To all the comedians and weapons experts here - this boy was my friend, having been best friends for over 20-plus years with his dad,” wrote Jimmy White from Wichita. “These comments are hateful. 

“I know this family very well and cannot tell you how much their hearts hurt right now. Shame on you.”

Pictures on Mr Smith’s Facebook page showed him with a brown, mid-size dog, thought to be an American pit bull terrier.

Shootings by dogs

Shootings of owners by their pets are rare, but not unheard of.

Many people across the US have been injured or fatally shot by canines discharging firearms in recent years, intensifying calls for better gun control and safety measures.

“To all the comedians and weapons experts here…” 😂

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Dog shoots owner dead

Hide contents

Dog shoots owner dead

Kansas hunter Joseph Smith killed after canine stepped on the trigger of his rifle

ByJosie Ensor,  US CORRESPONDENT25 January 2023 • 8:30pm

Joseph Smith, pictured with a dog, died after a canine accidentally stepped on the trigger of his gun

A Kansas hunter has been shot dead by his own dog after it accidentally stepped on the trigger of his rifle.

Joseph Smith, 30, was in the front passenger seat of his truck in Geuda Springs near the Oklahoma border, late Saturday while his dog was in the back with hunting gear, including a rifle.

“A canine belonging to the owner of the pick-up stepped on the rifle causing the weapon to discharge,” said the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office.

“The fired round struck the passenger who died of his injuries on scene.”

Responding police deputies arrived within minutes of a 911 call and started CPR, but Mr Smith was pronounced dead, said authorities.

A GoFundMe was started on behalf of the family of Mr Smith, who worked as a plumber, in order to help with the funeral and memorial costs. 

One friend defended Mr Smith from those mocking the circumstances surrounding the accident.

“To all the comedians and weapons experts here - this boy was my friend, having been best friends for over 20-plus years with his dad,” wrote Jimmy White from Wichita. “These comments are hateful. 

“I know this family very well and cannot tell you how much their hearts hurt right now. Shame on you.”

Pictures on Mr Smith’s Facebook page showed him with a brown, mid-size dog, thought to be an American pit bull terrier.

Shootings by dogs

Shootings of owners by their pets are rare, but not unheard of.

Many people across the US have been injured or fatally shot by canines discharging firearms in recent years, intensifying calls for better gun control and safety measures.

“To all the comedians and weapons experts here…” 😂

Let’s see…never transport a firearm with a round in the chamber is a basic hunter training rule…some hunter he was.

57 minutes ago, RH33 said:

"shooting by pets is rare but not unheard of....."

Washington Post story in 2015...title, "In the past five years, at least six Americans have been shot by dogs"

Guns don't kill people, dogs with guns do!

Another child killed by a dog, this time a four year old in Milton Keynes.

In 2002 3,395 people were hospitalised due to dog attacks. In 2018 that number was 8,389.

In the decade running up to 2022 32 people were killed by dogs. Around half that number were killed in the ten years preceding the Dangerous Dogs Act in 1991. 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Another child killed by a dog, this time a four year old in Milton Keynes.

In 2002 3,395 people were hospitalised due to dog attacks. In 2018 that number was 8,389.

In the decade running up to 2022 32 people were killed by dogs. Around half that number were killed in the ten years preceding the Dangerous Dogs Act in 1991. 

Time to repeal the Dangerous Dogs Act then. It’s only made things worse!

• 1 month later...

Funny how people are against reintroducing wolves to Scotland when the reality is you're more likely to be mauled by a poorly trained dog. Even last night I was dropping off my dad at his house and this big staffy like thing appeared from nowhere and leapt into my van with me. I fucking shat it. Turns out the guy looking after it was doing so on the behalf of his mate who's in prison. Luckily it was just being inquisitive and we could laugh about it. Had it been a vicious dog though I'd have been done for. I wouldn't be typing this message today.

On 26/01/2023 at 07:44, Bairnardo said:

Think it was this thread before we has a discussion about what yo do in a dog attack, because some of the dogs I see round my kids school and the way their owners are with them give me cause to at least want to know what to do....

giphy-downsized-large.gif