Scottish League Cup - Group F

19 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Wouldn’t expect many. St Johnston website isn’t even selling away tickets emoji848.png

It generally doesn't. 

Does Annan have a bit on their site to sell tickets?

Wouldn't shock me if this is another St Johnstone ticket mess though. 

(If you don't get any luck. It might be worth trying Saints SLO. She's helpful & may be able to clarify patg etc)

Screenshot_2022-07-11-14-44-36-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

16 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Does Annan have a bit on their site to sell tickets?

Doesn't look like it.

Mental again that when you are expecting an away support in double figures that you don't just use a cash gate. Saints aren't alone, clubs have totally lost sight of making football as accessible as possible. 

Davidson referring to our shape on Saturday as his tried and tested. Did fear at the time that talk about flexibility was just him saying what he thought people wanted to hear. Not that I disagree that our squad is only really set up to play 5-2-3. And in that case... 

Sinclair 

Cleary - Mahon - Considine

O'Halloran - Davidson - MacPherson - Montgomery 

Kucheriavyi - Bair - Murphy 

Subs: Parish, Brown, Hallberg, Gilmour, Crawford, Carey, May. 

Has to be O'Halloran at RWB in a game like this. Save Hallberg for 30 minutes and then Saturday. Murphy/Carey need games but probably not together when not at full fitness. As good an opportunity as any for Kucheriavyi. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Mental again that when you are expecting an away support in double figures that you don't just use a cash gate. Saints aren't alone, clubs have totally lost sight of making football as accessible as possible. 

Davidson referring to our shape on Saturday as his tried and tested. Did fear at the time that talk about flexibility was just him saying what he thought people wanted to hear. Not that I disagree that our squad is only really set up to play 5-2-3. And in that case... 

Sinclair 

Cleary - Mahon - Considine

O'Halloran - Davidson - MacPherson - Montgomery 

Kucheriavyi - Bair - Murphy 

Subs: Parish, Brown, Hallberg, Gilmour, Crawford, Carey, May. 

Has to be O'Halloran at RWB in a game like this. Save Hallberg for 30 minutes and then Saturday. Murphy/Carey need games but probably not together when not at full fitness. As good an opportunity as any for Kucheriavyi. 

I'd agree with that team to be honest. Wee Max has definitely earned himself a chance to start games which is great and he'll be going nowhere this season. Carey will ultimately be first choice on that side, but having Max on the side to come in and affect games or vice versa when it isn't going well is a good position to be in.

The team above should be good enough to beat the rest of the teams in the group, but then again you never know when it comes to Davidsonball, he might aim for a shitfest of a 1-0 and get unstuck once again. I'd hope not, there's enough attacking players in the squad now to actually create, it's the defence and midfield that are the issues. Whether we can convert chances is a total unknown as well!

On 09/07/2022 at 17:29, 19QOS19 said:

Fair play to Annan today. Outstanding performance. Defended really well and were a threat going forward. Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

I watched the Annan/Edinburgh City play-off ties on TV and thought Annan were pretty decent - especially in the second leg and were a bit unfortunate to lose out to EC.  So wasn't surprised that they'd give Queens a hard game, even more so when you add in the local derby factor and that this was a fairly settled (I think) Annan side carrying on from last season.

The usual same old same old League Cup group crap from Queens though.  Yet another potential cup journey squandered before it even gets started.

Really not confident ahead of tonight’s game. We will need to be much better than Saturday to win the game. Going by Bullen’s post match comments it sounds like we’ll sadly be sticking with the 5-3-2. If that’s the case I’d be going: McAdams, Houston, Kirk, Musonda, McGinty, Reading, Murdoch, Dempsey, Hewitt, Akinyemi, Ashford

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Elgin fielded an ineligible player on Saturday and therefore Ayr will almost certainly be awarded a 3-0 win.

Pleasing. Didn't expect us to start shithousing again this early in the season.

Posted this on our thread: We looking at a 3-0 walkover here? That’s certainly what happend when we done the same v Rangers B. Only difference here being this is a group stage format so us getting awarded the win is kind of punishing the other three teams in the group as well as Elgin. 

Guest Flash

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Posted this on our thread: We looking at a 3-0 walkover here? That’s certainly what happend when we done the same v Rangers B. Only difference here being this is a group stage format so us getting awarded the win is kind of punishing the other three teams in the group as well as Elgin. 

It also potentially punishes clubs in other groups if Ayr finish second and go through. But East Kilbride got a 3-0 win v Killie in the group stages last season for the same thing. A few seasons back, Hearts got a 2 point deduction.
Makes no difference to Queens as we’re oot anyway. Can understand why Ayr should benefit as they might have won if the rules hadn’t been broken. It is a difficult one in groups, especially when the runners-up effectively also form a league

Queens defence not exactly filling me with confidence and high balls we're punting forward are being lapped up by Ayr defence. The goal shows playing it on the deck is our best tactic. Currie looking better than he did on Saturday too. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Queens defence not exactly filling me with confidence and high balls we're punting forward are being lapped up by Ayr defence. The goal shows playing it on the deck is our best tactic. Currie looking better than he did on Saturday too. 

Aye, McGrory, Todd & Cochrane have been excellent tonight, but the defence looks all over the place.

12 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

If it stays like this pray for the over 60s up from Dumfries.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
If it stays like this pray for the over 60s up from Dumfries.

Because they'll have little to moan about?...

Oi ... I'll have you know that us old gits will always find something to moan about ... 😎