Scottish League Cup - Group F

1 hour ago, Radford said:

See you all in Elgin on Tuesday evening... 

I’ve been planning since the draw was made to drive up, as much as anything to tick a ground off the list.

I really don’t know if I can face it…

3 hours ago, Radford said:

The above might all sound like it is provoked by anger but my overriding emotion watching the game and even now with the concern that Callum Davidson might remain in charge is apathy. Watching his team is going to be a miserable experience if it is a prolonged one. 

I'm feeling your pain (we all go through manager-trauma on a fairly regular basis) but thought you might like the image below for your dartboard (leave you to crop out Gibson of course) ...

AM-JKLUyBV5yYHblU8XiWg5_J5Ye6O2dg8xhxeh-ilOfzl5_D53262_x6EpsP4PRsfXblgv7r-VeyfTh87s-84cojH4nhcXxTGgZMSrmnv5NMfdPmsnyz3L6a__0nJg_1ocHnyzyoAAB8qGU-cMhxPdN1uEm6g=w1377-h854-no?authuser=0

IMG_20220717_125339.thumb.jpg.e9f072fe2ebec80de1badd173aeabbbf.jpg

Remaining fixtures:

Tuesday 19 July

Annan Athletic vs Ayr United
Elgin City vs St Johnstone

Saturday 23 July

Elgin City vs Queen of South
St Johnstone vs Ayr United

If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage, the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) head-to-head record, 7) drawing of lots.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Aim for St Johnstone now has to be to finish in a position where, if Ayr beat Annan, they can win the group. That means two wins and goals. If Callum Davidson is still the manager for these two games then nothing else is acceptable. If Annan get the point they need then so be it but at least it's something to salvage from this shit show.

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

IMG_20220717_125339.thumb.jpg.e9f072fe2ebec80de1badd173aeabbbf.jpg

Remaining fixtures:

Tuesday 19 July

Annan Athletic vs Ayr United
Elgin City vs St Johnstone

Saturday 23 July

Elgin City vs Queen of South
St Johnstone vs Ayr United

If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage, the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) head-to-head record, 7) drawing of lots.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Aim for St Johnstone now has to be to finish in a position where, if Ayr beat Annan, they can win the group. That means two wins and goals. If Callum Davidson is still the manager for these two games then nothing else is acceptable. If Annan get the point they need then so be it but at least it's something to salvage from this shit show.

You would also need to win your 2 games by a combined 2 goals more than Queens beat Elgin, if we are able to do so. 

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

You would also need to win your 2 games by a combined 2 goals more than Queens beat Elgin, if we are able to do so. 

Oh yeah, I accept that and we need to finish with a better GD as we aren't going to better you on goals scored. But at least that is in our own hands in a sense. If Annan get a point, we are both done for. 

Guest Flash
10 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Do Elgin stream games? Last ditch hope of seeing game next weekend 

Looks like they are streaming the Queens game for £10.

Elgin City tv

Scroll down to the bottom of link below to see how to register.

Tickets

10 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Do Elgin stream games? Last ditch hope of seeing game next weekend 

Elgin City TV on their Club website showing they are covering the game. Someone else will no doubt be able to do a link. I'm hoping it's streamed too as I can't make it. 

I think Annan just need a point tonight to win the group? Even if they lose on penalties. Fair play if they get it, an excellent group stage performance 👏 

I've been encouraged by our last two outings since the opening game but we've no chance finishing second with only 8 points looking at the other groups. Failing to hold on to the win at the weekend seemed to confirm that.

Fingers crossed for the three-way tie on eight points though 😀

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

Surely unthinkable he loses (pens or not) to a third League Two side in 7 months? Surely! 

You'd like to think so but his win/loss ratio is embarrassing.

And we've not seen much yet in the way of a revival so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for a 3rd loss to a L2 side in 7 months.

Going to try and make an effort to watch tonight, assuming the advertised stream works and Saints are just ignoring mentioning it because theyre hopeless.

Cant be arsed trying to guess a line up tbh, i dont think the manager even knows what hes planning either. Presumably we'll finally see the Gilmour at RWB experiment ended though.

I really hope we change up the team tonight, something along the lines of:

Albinson

Hewitt  Kirk  Musonda  Reading

Murdoch Dempsey

O'Connor  JML  Ashford

Akinyemi

Subs: McAdams, McGinty, Houston, McAllister, Smith, Mckenzie, Bryden

There would be plenty of creative play from the 3 behind Dipo, would like to see Hewitt get a shot at right back to challenge Houston.