Scottish League Cup - Group F

IMG_0996.thumb.jpg.809bba3628ec12d9abe3068135c5637f.jpg
Literally Annan's to throw away. You'd think it would be doable given you've played your away games but then I noticed last season your away form was far better than your home. So it may not necessarily mean it's in the bag!

Literally Annan's to throw away. You'd think it would be doable given you've played your away games but then I noticed last season your away form was far better than your home. So it may not necessarily mean it's in the bag!

We’ll probably get beat at home to Elgin [emoji85]

11 hours ago, Flash said:

It also potentially punishes clubs in other groups if Ayr finish second and go through. But East Kilbride got a 3-0 win v Killie in the group stages last season for the same thing. A few seasons back, Hearts got a 2 point deduction.
Makes no difference to Queens as we’re oot anyway. Can understand why Ayr should benefit as they might have won if the rules hadn’t been broken. It is a difficult one in groups, especially when the runners-up effectively also form a league

Hearts got a 2 point deduction because any other loss of points would have seen them not qualify. The authorities bottled it.

Zero complaints with last night's result.

We started well enough and had some decent interplay out wide, zero idea how Gilmour missed an open goal. Annan seemed, for the most part, comfortable to let us pass it around though.

Red card just stupid. Cleary has no need to get involved and he throws some doubt into our game play.

Second half was all Annan until they made their subs. Taking off 10 killed them in attack with the big huddy taking his place effectively evening the numbers up. Annan missed a great chance, somehow, thanks to Considine losing a foot race he had a 15 yard head start in. 

We had a few half chances from corners/second balls but, Carey aside, never looked overly threatening to me.

Penalties a lottery I guess.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Elgin City's general manager, Keiran Carty, issued this in response to City playing an illegible player against Ayr. Fair play to him .

Keiran: 'I've got to hold my hands up for this one being my responsibility. I would like to apologise to all Supporters, Players, Management & Staff as I know how hard everyone worked to get the result at the weekend. I know the outcome on Thursday will be a 3-0 loss for the Club. As a token gesture I will personally refund all travelling supporters who made the journey to Ayr.'

40 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Elgin City's general manager, Keiran Carty, issued this in response to City playing an illegible player against Ayr. Fair play to him .

Keiran: 'I've got to hold my hands up for this one being my responsibility. I would like to apologise to all Supporters, Players, Management & Staff as I know how hard everyone worked to get the result at the weekend. I know the outcome on Thursday will be a 3-0 loss for the Club. As a token gesture I will personally refund all travelling supporters who made the journey to Ayr.'

A decent gesture by the man but human error and administrative mistakes happen. I've no idea how many Elgin fans travelled but  if this is an isolated incident by an otherwise competent person I would like to think fans involved will decline his offer or at least donate it back to the club. 

Saturday now a must win for us, remarkably.

Suspect we'll have signed Kilmarnocks 2nd choice keeper by then, so my guess at our line up is...

Walker

O'Halloran  - Brown - Mahon - Considine - Montgomery 

Carey - Hallberg - Davidson - Murphy

May

Delighted that Queens are getting their cup final this season. The money generated from the black and white £ should help their league 1 promotion bid. 

Nah Ayr away hopefully. Shite away support and their fans come here and attack our pensioners.

Glorified friendlies for me but that's not a terrible draw tbh.

And act like complete fuckwits at home as well going by the latest reports [emoji19]

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And act like complete fuckwits at home as well going by the latest reports emoji19.png

4 hours ago, QosLoyal said:
6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

And act like complete fuckwits at home as well going by the latest reports emoji19.png

Usual. Scheme rejects.

I have no idea what your talking about but fair enough