EPL 2022/23

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

Gary Neville has his principles until they impact either himself or Man Utd. They are disposable when this happens. 

The media are only raging because PIF has ineffect nationalised a few tinpot Saudi clubs and is bankrolling them rather than lobbing a couple of £bn at a top six EPL with another random Sheikh as the front man.  

"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others"

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sure, but shame it is to the benefit of such a revolting team as Chelsea. 

Still, doesn't seem to be just the Saudis helping them out. £65 million from Arsenal for Havertz. For people who watch more non-Villa games than I do, hasn't he been mostly shit?

I honestly think there is a player in there but I think he suffered from the throw enough shit and see how much sticks/flavour of the month system that Chelsea seem to favour. Not his fault they are a basket case of a club.

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Here's the Scouse EPL Product Manager getting upset as well now. 

This sports washing needs to be stopped!

I look forward to “Carras” segment on the next #MNF programme expressing grave concern about the sports washing ongoing at Newcastle and Man City.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I look forward to “Carras” segment on the next #MNF programme expressing grave concern about the sports washing ongoing at Newcastle and Man City.

His post is the perfect illustration of my earlier post. His primary concern is the impact on the quality of the Premier League, hidden under a faux concern about sportswashing - an issue which, as you say, he has been silent about for years.

Of course, in Man City and Newcastle's case this money was contributing to the quality of the Premier League so he didn't care. Now it's potentially being used to remove quality from the Premier League it's an issue.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Just scrap goals imo. The winner of a match should be decided on points like boxing, judged by a panel of Gulf royalty and oil tycoons, based on how many fancy flicks, nutmegs & rabonas are witnessed.

Apply a panache factor to every goal. Deflection? You only get 0.8 for that m9.  

The Nigel pundits are scared that England starters like Rice, Grealish and Kane will head to Saudi Arabia and be playing with worse players and it'll affect the England team.  That's all this is about.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

These crocodile tears about the Saudi Pro League are very much in vein of ones about the European Superleague.

Can't believe what's happening to real football 30 years after it's invention.

Buying success is great, until someone else bigger than you does it. 

The time for the Barclays pundits to complain about sportswashing was 2008. Not now.

Even as the final penalty kick soared high and wide into the jubilant crowd behind the goal, I knew that somehow Luton winning the play off final would somehow trigger the collapse of the Barclays, and possibly the western economy. All this because they don't want Haaland to have to come in throught the shitty away entrance.