The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

As the season is over now, had a wee look to see who’s contracted/out of contract/loan ended 

Contracted for next season: 

Ferrie, Wilson, Tizzard, Bannon, Fox, Turner, Welsh, Thomson, Thomas, Paton, Healy, Williamson, McLeish, Mauchin, Reid 

Out of contract/Loan ended 

Sheridan, Jarrett, Scott, Longridge, Robson, Savoury, Carse, Mckinstry, Wills, McPherson, Bruce 

So officially, we have 15 players with us for next season as of right now, although I struggle to see any sort of future for Williamson and Healy. Get Sheridan, Scott, Savoury and maybe a longridge signed up and supplement with an extra 4-5 quality additions and I think (hope) we’re In for a much enjoyable season

Obviously there’s going to be admirers for Paton and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Thomson get picked up by someone given he’s now coming in to the final year of his contract 

Who are people keeping/letting go 

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I thought Scott signed an 18 month deal......?

Anyone who offers Sheridan a TWO year deal gets him. Let it be us. Still plenty of legs left and great for bringing on Paton and McLeish.

Josh Scott is under contract for next season. I managed to stop telling Ruari Paton how much I loved him in the club last night for long enough to also ask a couple questions, and he told me that. I would definitely be looking to add at least another year to that. 

Like everyone else I am just relieved that this season is over. It's been an absolute slog at times but Davidson has done a great job and his January window was absolutely incredible. If he can do something similar in the summer, the only way is up.

Ridiculous season:

The Lesser Hampden Test Event

The strip

Robin Veldman, Marijn Beuker and Leeann Dempster

Winning 3 on the bounce then not winning for months

The Raith Rovers 3-2 games

5-2 and 4-1 home defeats to Ayr and ICT

Signing Welsh and Sheridan from ICT then finishing above them

Inverness fans acting the big man at Hampden just a few weeks ago

Ruari Paton’s goals 

Cilian Sheridans goals and assists

Super Dom Thomas

Louis Longridge a mainstay of the team

Dundee United booed off for drawing nil nil with us 

Josh Scott proving that youth players from down south can excel at this level

The 6-0 v Arbroath

a league win over Airdrie

no win over Morton

The scenes last night at the goals and full time

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Ridiculous season:

The strip

Ruari Paton’s goals 

Super Dom Thomas

The 6-0 v Arbroath

no win over Morton

Veldman winning manager of the month

Tizzard being thrown under the bus live on TV at Airdrie

The club's statement after Veldman's disappearance 

The Strange Case of Barry Hepburn

The Malky McKay rumours

Jack Spong

The stadium announcer not being able to pronounce Cillian Sheridan's first name

What a club!

Edited by Byekick

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Ridiculous season:

The strip

Ruari Paton’s goals 

Super Dom Thomas

The 6-0 v Arbroath

no win over Morton

Signing James Crole from Cardiff. Cardiff fans telling us on Twitter that he’ll bang in the goals at this level. Played one minute as a sub away at Inverness and was never seen again

Sign Josh Hinds and is then released a week later 

Edited by qpfc

That felt important last night in the context of our medium/long term future both on and off the park. As good a night as we’ve had at a notoriously difficult stadium to get anything going. Even in the locality, you could tell there was a game on. Chanting in the Florida Park after the game and a few scarfs in Ryan’s for the 1am finish. Feels like we’re slowly making inroads in terms of building a support and even just passing interest, where previously a lot of folk forgot we even existed. Really excited to see what next season brings.

I wonder what peoples thoughts are on bringing in a replacement Director of Football.

It was never addressed when Beuker left as to whether the club would look to find a replacement. I personally quite like the idea of having one in place but only with the right person who would have some level of stature in the game.

13 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I wonder what peoples thoughts are on bringing in a replacement Director of Football.

It was never addressed when Beuker left as to whether the club would look to find a replacement. I personally quite like the idea of having one in place but only with the right person who would have some level of stature in the game.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/tommy-mcintyre-appointed-academy-director/

The signing of Tommy McIntyre showed a different approach to how we were previously doing things, basically the first team is all Davidsons and that is how it will continue 

10 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

I'm hoping Calum Davidson's already been on the phone to Shaun Rooney, released by Fleetwood or is that just wishful thinking?! 🙏

Zero chance.

14 hours ago, an86 said:

That felt important last night in the context of our medium/long term future both on and off the park. As good a night as we’ve had at a notoriousFeels like we’re slowly making inroads in terms of building a support and even just passing interest, where previously a lot of folk forgot we even existed. Really excited to see what next season brings.

Yip, totally agree. I'm convinced we can move to a fan base of 2,500 IF we can win a reasonable number of games at Hampden which would encourage people to come along regularly. We've moved from 5/600 to about 1200 in a year despite the results at Hampden.

To give the Club their due, they are putting a lot into the Community side of things and this has to be a contributing factor.  That said,  there's still much that could be done to help improve off the park.

The season started with us losing goals to the opposition's press and ended with us scoring goals from our own press. By my reckoning we will now spend (at least) three consecutive seasons in a division that's not the bottom division for the first time since before the second world war.

Happy days 

21 hours ago, an86 said:

That felt important last night in the context of our medium/long term future both on and off the park. As good a night as we’ve had at a notoriously difficult stadium to get anything going. Even in the locality, you could tell there was a game on. Chanting in the Florida Park after the game and a few scarfs in Ryan’s for the 1am finish. Feels like we’re slowly making inroads in terms of building a support and even just passing interest, where previously a lot of folk forgot we even existed. Really excited to see what next season brings.

Yeah, I noticed that there were more people than usual heading towards Hampden before the game on Friday. I'm used to being practically the only one walking purposefully along Battlefield Road pre-match but quickly became aware that there were quite a few more. I agree with your estimate of around 1,500 - 1,600 in the home end. Our "normal" home support now is probably around 900 and occasionally bigger which is well up on both the Ochilview and Firhill seasons. In fact this season's average home crowd is the biggest since 1959-60 and I feel that there is definite potential for further increases if we could actually win some home games.

I just hope we don’t go down the route of playing on a Friday…hated it when we played a lot last year. Saturday 3pm is the best time for football 

6 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

I just hope we don’t go down the route of playing on a Friday…hated it when we played a lot last year. Saturday 3pm is the best time for football 

I don’t mind it as much when we’re not playing thirty miles away. Best atmospheres this season have probably been on a Friday night, but broadly agree that Saturday at 3pm should be the time. 

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Yeah, I noticed that there were more people than usual heading towards Hampden before the game on Friday. I'm used to being practically the only one walking purposefully along Battlefield Road pre-match but quickly became aware that there were quite a few more. I agree with your estimate of around 1,500 - 1,600 in the home end. Our "normal" home support now is probably around 900 and occasionally bigger which is well up on both the Ochilview and Firhill seasons. In fact this season's average home crowd is the biggest since 1959-60 and I feel that there is definite potential for further increases if we could actually win some home games.

I know what you mean, I usually get the bus from Rutherglen to Hampden and I don't generally see many folk get off at the Hampden stop. On Friday though, there were quite a lot of folk on Rutherglen main street with QP scarves and all that and plenty folk on the buses too.

On 04/05/2024 at 11:34, williebraveheart said:

Hopefully a big positive from last night is the last time we have to look at the worst strip ever worn by a Queen's Park team.

Aye it was horrendous, hopefully Adidas will do us a favour next season.

16 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Aye it was horrendous, hopefully Adidas will do us a favour next season.

Wouldn’t be getting your hopes up. Think we’re getting a new away, but the home atrocity remains.