The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

That statement is horrendous.

'Paul Nuijten will lead the Men's First Team for our cinch Championship games, starting against Greenock Morton on Saturday.'

The word 'games' implies he'll be in charge for more than one but is he permanent or is he now officially the new manager? 

Queens Park are a complete shambles just now on and off the park at the moment, I'd be livid if my team released a statement that poor.

20 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

This one is a bit tricky for me. I've lived in Glasgow only for 9 years and attended my first QP game at Hampden just before Covid hit, I think. I come from a country where you can go to football matches and lose your sense of hearing permanently. I was at the Fenerbahçe game when Beşiktaş fans broke the world record for the loudest decibel level ever recorded at a football ground (132 decibels). 

Sometimes I miss the roar and the chaos and the endless singing but to be honest with you, I feel much safer here and enjoy what I see on the pitch more. 

That being said, I agree that we are too quiet. There are a number of reasons for this and I'm not going to repeat what other people said here previously. I just want to say I love a good chant and will try to join as much as I can from now on. 

You chose the wrong team to support. I feel sorry for any Istanbulite who doesn't support Kasimpasa (so, >99% of them).

We have six games in the space of 28 days beginning on Saturday. We can't afford to have some youth team coach in charge of this team for more than one of them, but the wording of the statement would suggest we're not in any rush to make an appointment. Of course, with us it's impossible to tell whether this is intentional or yet another example of awful communication.

It’s equivocal, but it does say ‘games’ plural and followed by ‘starting’ intimating more to follow. ‘Will lead’ intimates he’s not the new coach. So interim for the foreseeable future. 

What’s more interesting is there was no cunning plan to sweep in a new management team which suggests very strongly that Veldman left us, or made it so that the club had to fire him without a replacement in place. Clearly it’s not a planned event.

I’m not holding my breath for news of a replacement this side of Ne’erday.

image.thumb.png.4e5b5d1a6b2768d666d34d679d4097ac.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

36 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m going to assume Nuijten is interim but that statement is worded very poorly. No clarification if that’s a permanent or short term role 

I guess you're right... excellent work by saying games instead of game - it adds that layer of intrigue that we've got to know and love. 

Just now, Anonymous Spider said:

I guess you're right... excellent work by saying games instead of game - it adds that layer of intrigue that we've got to know and love. 

I’m assuming they’re saying games as precaution more than anything in case a new manager isn’t appointed within the next couple games 

A pretty disgraceful statement all in all. I’d of rather of had silence than read that nonsense article. It’s mental how much that’s angered me reading it 

6 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m assuming they’re saying games as precaution more than anything in case a new manager isn’t appointed within the next couple games 

A pretty disgraceful statement all in all. I’d of rather of had silence than read that nonsense article. It’s mental how much that’s angered me reading it 

That’s where we are, really. It’s either complete nonsense or complete silence. 

Paul Nuijten will get my support until he gives me any reason otherwise for what happens on the park.

Off the park I'm at my wits end with Queen's Park. Unbelievable how much worse that piss poor statement made me feel. The latest in a long, long line of bullshit from those in charge.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

We must be the only football club (or perhaps even organisation) in the country that can release such an important statement which actually confuses everyone more than they already were. Unbelievable.

I can only hope and pray that those that matter right now - the players - have clarity and peace of mind to be able to focus to get themselves out of the relegation places.

This is reminiscent of the sacking of Gardner Spiers. He had been sacked but had agreed to stay on for a couple of games to help the club. Of course the fans weren't told and some of them hurled abuse at him. An appalling incident but at least we are keeping up one tradition namely cluelessness.

One of the biggest issues that the blazers have failed to address is getting a full time comms person on board so statements like today don't happen. The fact that they talk a big game in the press but still rely on volunteers to put out official statements is an absolute joke.

2 hours ago, QPEast said:

One of the biggest issues that the blazers have failed to address is getting a full time comms person on board so statements like today don't happen. The fact that they talk a big game in the press but still rely on volunteers to put out official statements is an absolute joke.

All official statements ought to be cleared by the chief executive and/or president. Are they?

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Paul Nuijten will get my support until he gives me any reason otherwise for what happens on the park.

Off the park I'm at my wits end with Queen's Park. Unbelievable how much worse that piss poor statement made me feel. The latest in a long, long line of bullshit from those in charge.

My only guess by this late statement is that we have not been able to agree terms with the committe's preferred targets.

Good luck (sincerely) to Paul and the players on Saturday. But I am really feeling done in and that the adminstration of QP is a bit of a farce.

The communication is so poor from the club that right now I can't be arsed coming to a game anymore. Absolute Shambles. Feel for the players. Shouldn't have to put up with this. And neither should we as fans.