Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

19 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Really looking forward to the Man City game tonight. The English media are now in full flow wrt Grealish the club mascot.
Apparently he is now “brilliant”, in “scintillating form” and is now a key player for Man City.
God know what superlatives they need to describe Mahrez who is many times the player that the wee sand dancer will ever be.

Fancy Bayern to control matters tonight, but with Le Freak Haaland on the park, who knows.

Excellent post Mystic Meg.

22 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Did my ears deceive me or did Rio Ferdinand just say Reece James is arguably the best right back in the world?

What's the problem with saying that? Fair enough, he's probably not thee best but he's up there. 

P&B can't handle the fact that this generation of English players are actually quite good. 

6 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

What's the problem with saying that? Fair enough, he's probably not thee best but he's up there. 

P&B can't handle the fact that this generation of English players are actually quite good. 

That's not where I'm coming from at all. I've just never been aware of him being rated anything like that highly, even in England, where I'd assume he's considered 3rd choice behind TAA and Walker.

Edited by Zetterlund

22 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

That's not where I'm coming from at all. I've just never been aware of him being rated anything like that highly, even in England, where I I'd assume he's considered 3rd choice behind TAA and Walker.

He's been out injured for a long time.

He absolutely was being talked about in those terms before his absence.

You forgot Trippier so I'd say you probably don't know too much about right backs TBH. 

Edited by Crawford Bridge

12 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I can barely name the best right backs for France, Italy and Gernany. The Soanish lad, Porro isn't a patch on Reece, that's for sure. I'd have him well ahead of TAA and Walker too. 

Real  Madrid have Carvajal, PSG have Hakimi, Bayern? , Napoli?

I've heard worse shouts from Rio, that's for sure 🤣

Edited by jagfox

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

I can barely name the best right backs for France, Italy and Gernany. The Soanish lad, Porro isn't a patch on Reece, that's for sure. I'd have him well ahead of TAA and Walker too. 

Real  Madrid have Carvajal, PSG have Hakimi, Bayern? , Napoli?

I've heard worse shouts from Rio, that's for sure 🤣

Ferdinand is a cock but to rate Reece James highly is not a controversial take. He will spend his career at the top of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Ferdinand is a cock but to rate Reece James highly is not a controversial take. He will spend his career at the top of the game. 

I was more or less agreeing with his point, m8. 

I can't name any better, off the top of my head.

Edited by jagfox

2 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Ancelottis teams always play some lovely football. 

It's good that he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. He's been one of the best managers for a long time now. 

It's still mind blowing to me that he lowered himself to the Everton job. They must've thrown ludicrous money at him.