Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

39 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's been out injured for a long time.

He absolutely was being talked about in those terms before his absence.

You forgot Trippier so I'd say you probably don't know too much about right backs TBH. 

England's top 3 could be any 3 from those 4, tbf.

Fwiw I'd have James and Trippier ahead of TAA and Walker, my original point was about how I perceived the English pundits' favourites.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Chelsea are powderpuff up front. I reckon 90% of their attacks have broken down as a result of Joao Felix running into a Real player.

Aye, the first breakaway chance was poor. Looked like he was running in treacle too.

Following on from the Reece James best in the world chat... I've also recently heard that Ben Chilwell is up there as the best left back in the world. This is the same Ben Chilwell who was 3rd choice out of two left backs in England's squad at the Euros.

Real Madrid have much better players then Chelsea then you look at the managers and it becomes ridiculous. I can't believe any pundits were seriously giving Chelsea a chance.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I didn’t know there was a subway loyal branch located in Madrid.

The home support seemed to be treating that result with the same indifference a Celtic fan would to a 2-0 Scottish Cup win against the likes of Alloa. Just routine stuff. 

The Reece James chat didn't age well imo. Right now he looks like a player done in by injuries.

I reckon both teams will be grateful that they weren't up against a fully firing side as that first half was a complete mess. The incident for Chilwell's red card was McLeish v Kazakhstan levels of bad structure from Chelsea, and that was a theme for much of the game from both of them. Real tightened it up in the second half, but they were lucky they were up against a shite Chelsea managed by Lampard. 

16 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Ferdinand is a cock but to rate Reece James highly is not a controversial take. He will spend his career at the top of the game. 

He can barely stay fit at the moment, who knows what effect long term recurring injuries will have or the fact he's ruined his body composition by bulking up too much.

As for Grealish, nobody is denying he is a good player, but a short purple patch doesn't change that he's been a complete failure of a signing for a ludicrous £100 million. If he isn't playing Mahrez or Silva is, he hasn't made them any better just maybe more marketable.

The fact the media are desperate for him to succeed should give you an insight into how much of a disappointment he has been, his early record was well below that of Wilfred Bony.

Also it's funny when players with massive egos turn out to be not that good. Chilwell acts as if he is Ibrahimovic whilst being a bit of a shit (and widely disliked) player at this level. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Edited by Satoshi

35 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

He can barely stay fit at the moment, who knows what effect long term recurring injuries will have or the fact he's ruined his body composition by bulking up too much.

As for Grealish, nobody is denying he is a good player, but a short purple patch doesn't change that he's been a complete failure of a signing for a ludicrous £100 million. If he isn't playing Mahrez or Silva is, he hasn't made them any better just maybe more marketable.

The fact the media are desperate for him to succeed should give you an insight into how much of a disappointment he has been, his early record was well below that of Wilfred Bony.

Also it's funny when players with massive egos turn out to be not that good. Chilwell acts as if he is Ibrahimovic whilst being a bit of a shit (and widely disliked) player at this level. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

It cracks me up how you go to the ends of the Earth to defend bench warmers such as Gilmour and Tierney yet are quick to decry folk like Grealish and Alexander-Arnold as catastrophies. 

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It cracks me up how you go to the ends of the Earth to defend bench warmers such as Gilmour and Tierney yet are quick to decry folk like Grealish and Alexander-Arnold as catastrophies. 

17 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Whats the hate for Chilwell all about? Any time I've heard him speak he seems like a good boy.

Funnily enough isn’t he supposed to be quite pally with Gilmour?

I suspect again it’s more Supras @Satoshi losing any objectivity when discussing an English footballer.

14 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The word catastrophies not used, and Alexander Arnold not even mentioned in the post.

In your rush to be offended you got two key points wrong.

This is a football forum, I objectively post my views regarding players.

FWIW, obviously the likes of Gilmour aren't at the level of either of those players. Nobody is arguing that. 

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Funnily enough isn’t he supposed to be quite pally with Gilmour?

I suspect again it’s more Supras @Satoshi losing any objectivity when discussing an English footballer.

You can criticise players of any nationality, but when they're English people will rush to their defence it seems. I didn't even mention their nationality, it's not particularly relevant other than the media will naturally overrate English players and that is something worthy of comment. I suspect this is the route people use when they can't actually debate the contents of the post itself.