Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

2 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

I don’t understand why Upamecano stuck his arm out. He did exactly what he was meant to  by putting his arms behind his back, but then pulls out his arm at the last second. Only has himself to blame 

I think it was because he was turning with some speed in that direction, his arm just came away from behind his back. 

Just now, Jambomo said:

I think it was because he was turning with some speed in that direction, his arm just came away from behind his back. 

Could be. When I saw him put his arms behind I’m I was like no way that’s a handball, but as the replay continued and his arm came away from his body I had no complaints 

1 minute ago, ClathyDave said:

Could be. When I saw him put his arms behind I’m I was like no way that’s a handball, but as the replay continued and his arm came away from his body I had no complaints 

I still don’t think it is, It grazes the bottom of his elbow from pretty close up. He needs to be able to move his arms to turn.

I hate these “penalties”. They really are the lamest of the lame. A booking for having your arm connected to your body. Now it’s T Shirt sleeves, unnatural position (whatever the hell that is meant to mean…..to jump, humans use their arms for muscle leverage and balance. Watching defenders trying to leap with their arms by their sides is basically making defending a cross a kind of punk mosh pit. It’s ludicrous.

If that ball had skimmed his arm outside the box, would he have been booked?

3 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm enjoying how nippy this match is becoming. 

I'd be very surprised if Tuchel doesn't get sent to the stand before full-time. 

Agree. Elite football petulant behaviour is always a good watch.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Agree. Elite football petulant behaviour is always a good watch.

Absolutely.

The "nobody wants to see that" narrative pushed by commentators annoys me. In my experience, the vast majority of people love seeing footballers lose the plot. 

9 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Absolutely.

The "nobody wants to see that" narrative pushed by commentators annoys me. In my experience, the vast majority of people love seeing footballers lose the plot. 

I quite liked at the start that they weren’t clutching their pearls over Mane’s punch on Sane. Talked about it pretty reasonably considering.

I am also a big fan of it kicking off, a few fights is a good laugh. 

Edited by Jambomo