Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I quite liked at the start that they weren’t clutching their pearls over Mane’s punch on Sane. Talked about it pretty reasonably considering.

I am also a big fan of it kicking off, a few fights is a good laugh. 

Ice hockey still has much to teach football in terms of a decent scrap.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Upamecano has been Man City's MotM for these two games.

Wasn’t he seriously dodgy for France in the World Cup?

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

AC Milan or Inter to win the champions league please. 

Which reminds me that there is no better sound in football than a large Italian club away support going mental when their team scores a winner. Glorious. 

20 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Napoli bottled it but Serie A looking back to its best, likely Milan semi final and finalist guaranteed - most teams in both quarter final and semi final is an impressive record. 

Don’t really agree with this at all. Napoli had looked half decent prior to this round of fixtures but neither of the Milan clubs have looked anything special IMO. As soon as they play a non-farmer team like City or Madrid they’ll get pumped out. Inter & AC Milan were slapped about in the group stages by Bayern & Chelsea respectively and then got relatively easy draws through to the semis. Serie A probably improved a bit but still nowhere near ‘back to its best’ sadly.

3 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Don’t really agree with this at all. Napoli had looked half decent prior to this round of fixtures but neither of the Milan clubs have looked anything special IMO. As soon as they play a non-farmer team like City or Madrid they’ll get pumped out. Inter & AC Milan were slapped about in the group stages by Bayern & Chelsea respectively and then got relatively easy draws through to the semis. Serie A probably improved a bit but still nowhere near ‘back to its best’ sadly.

Maybe, although I wouldn’t necessarily put too much heed into group games when they both still qualified and are now further in the competition than the teams who beat them.

It’s a very promising season, let’s hope they can replicate it again next season.

Seansational goals from Barella and Correa in that tie.