Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

24 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Punch in the ribs shouldn't be a pen according to Macca. Good stuff.

Slight brush on ribs and theatrical dive "100% penalty", punch in ribs off the ball "glad it wasn't given"

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Is this the first time both the home and away leg will be played at the same stadium?

They’ve met before in the knockouts, more than once, BBC Sport had a piece on it earlier.

In one of the ties one of them went through on away goals.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Still remember when Man City signed Bony they were all pretty confident he would be an upgrade on Dzeko.

That was a good laugh.

Bony still had a better first season than Grealish, mind.

I, like you, would love Grealish to be awful as I can't stand to look at his English puss. Sadly, however he is class and trying to say otherwise is trite at best.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I, like you, would love Grealish to be awful as I can't stand to look at his English puss. Sadly, however he is class and trying to say otherwise is trite at best.

His first season was absolutely dreadful by any objective measure.

His second season has been better, but for an advanced man city attacker his numbers are still pretty average (Mahrez has same goals and more assists despite playing fewer games). And this is during his breakout year!

The media love him, what Man City player is he a massive upgrade on? If he's not playing Bernando Silva, Foden or Mahrez is. Foden has double the number of goals, and has only played one more game.

Kvaratskhelia was signed for £90 million less and looks a better player.

Grealish is good at what he does, but what he does isn't effective enough to put him at the top table of players who play in a 3 behind a line striker, of which there seem to be fucking loads now. 

Without doubt though his impact on games is improving. Would be hard not to improve eventually as part of that squad though. 

22 hours ago, eez-eh said:

They’ve met before in the knockouts, more than once, BBC Sport had a piece on it earlier.

In one of the ties one of them went through on away goals.

Amongst all of the rule changes in recent years, removing away goals has been a resounding success. Knockout stages are far more open and enjoyable now.

48 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Would love an early A.C Milan goal tonight to make this a game 

Aye definitely. And with Leao they hopefully have some teeth unlike last time out. 

Watching that Montage of him there he runs like Haaland. Such a big stride once he's up to speed he's just cruising by folk and with a highly deft touch aswell. Very classy and complete player. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm not sure the nickname they use for Ian Darke is entirely appropriate anymore

Cúntface is a bit inappropriate.